Waiting on Clearance and should I seek other employment while I wait?

I started a year ago on my SF-86. I have jumped through all the hoops up to this point and now I am in adjudication, but I do not know how long I have been in adjudication. I am graduating in a STEM field at the end of the year and my wife is pregnant. I would like to start work as soon as possible after graduating. I have let my PC know this, but all I receive is a standardized response on how everyone is different and you need to be patient. I have offers at companies that do not require a clearance. Is it wrong for me to accept one of these offers while I wait to hear back from my PC? I do not know what is the acceptable amount of time to wait before moving on.

Accept one of those other positions. There’s no guarantee how long a clearance might take, nor a guarantee that it will be successful. It’s tough, but live your life as if you never applied for the cleared position

4 Likes

Apply for other jobs. If you are finally granted a clearance you can decide then whether to keep your current job or give notice and accept the cleared position.

2 Likes

Exactly…get any work you can get…if you have any issues, it may take a while. (25 Yrs doing BI’s) Good luck!