Was just told by my investigator that the "big report" was submitted, and they need more info

What does that mean? I’m a little confused as when I got my security clearance in the army, they never questioned me. Just ran my credit and FBI check and was granted my clearance and shipped out. Is it in the hands of the adjudicator or another investigator who needs more info?

Not quite sure what big report refers to. Did you have an interview with an investigator? It’s possible, during the interview some detail was missing and they need to clarify something. The security clearance process has changed quite a bit over the years. It is probably not the same protocol as when you enlisted in the army.

Could be the person who reviews the case (including all reports from all investigators who may have worked on it) before it is submitted to the government.

I like to tell a story I heard from a friend, who had his subject interview and a couple months later he got a call from another investigator. That second person asked him, did you live in hotels for 15 years? This guy said no, I worked for the same company for 15 years, but the last six months I’ve been living in a hotel during the week because I am on long term travel.

The investigator said, I thought it might be something like that, I am always having to clear up details from this one guy’s reports! Turns out she was some kind of reviewer checking the report before it was finalized. So these things do happen.

I talked to my FSO about it. Apparently, when the main investigators job is done they submit the report after getting all information back from the other investigators. Apparently, it’s the adjudicator who ask for more info. Which is weird because I thought it wasn’t suppose to get in the adjudicators hands until a couple of months after submission. I started the process in Aug of this year, and I doubt it goes that fast. But, I guess fast is good. Thanx all.