Bit of an unusual question. I’m waiting out clearance for a defense contractor - secret level - and I took a job about a month ago with my old employer while I wait it out. The process for my clearance has been very touch and go (investigator laid off, moving around this summer, lapses in communication), but long story short I’m finally back in communication with my investigator and it looks like the investigation is pretty much wrapping up. She has reached out to me for a couple of clarifications on foreign travel but it seems like it’s only a matter of time before the investigation phase wraps up.
Submitted eqip 3/2019
References contacted 6/2019
Contact with new BI 10/1/2019
In person meeting with BI 10/13/2019
My question is what to do about the job I have now in the meantime. I work with a super small team doing campaign work, and if I leave them before the primary election in March I’d pretty much be leaving them high and dry. My POC at the new job has been super communicative, and has indicated he’ll wait as long as it takes for me to get cleared and started (I was not granted interim), but I’m not sure if I should risk the contractor job by asking to push back my start date or if I should just leave it be and hope that my clearance grant date is close enough to the election.
Definitely overthinking it, but any feedback?