2 year clearance activation rule?

Hi, I was hoping to get clarification on the 2 year rule for “active”, “Current”, etc…

I had my clearance “suspended” in April of 2021 when i started a TS/SCI contract. Well, noone moved on it and i was on that contract doing highly sensitive work OCONUS until April of 2022. Yup, you read that right. I was on a contract working with a suspended clearance for a year.

I am now in the appeals process for that. My clearance went automatically from “suspended” to “Denied” only when my lawyer forced SOR to be sent out to me by the agency. Not sure how common that is but i had no due process at all in the suspended phase which lasted a year without anyone knowing for some reason.

I am pretty confident the issues involved, stupid petty minor issues that happened 5-6 yrs ago will be resolved in appeal, They are all petty nonsense on personal conduct like getting written up at a few jobs 5-6 years ago. I have NEVER had any security violation; not even a spillage incident since i been cleared since 2004.

My question is, does the clock start ticking on the 2 years from the time i SHOULD have been removed from contract (Suspended), from the date that i actually left the contract, Apr 2022 or from the date of the new clearance adjudication from appeals process?

Thanks for your help.