570+ days since eQip SF86 for TS SCI/ when long is too long?

@sbusquirrel

Correction: это будет хороший повод для пьянки. )))

2 Likes

Well then I hope it is some nice Georgian wine!

1 Like

I received a call from my FSO who said that the client has significant backlog of people needed to be scheduled for a poly. Interesting thing is, he said if you are coming from a high COVID state - you have to stay in quarantine for 2 weeks. So that‘s 2 weeks in VA or DC, presumably in a hotel that the government is paying for before you can take a poly? And he said they have limited amount of spaces. He also made it sound like it’s up to him, not the client to push people to take a polygraph, which was odd.
This can last a very long time. The only good thing is, maybe after the poly the adjudication will not take much time, since they should be going through their own backlog now and not getting too many new cases.

Why can’t you go to near pharmacy get tested and bring the test result to the poly appointment? 2 weeks quarantine is old fashion now… at least in NY, NJ…

Well, no one has called me for an appointment yet. My FSO alone has between 400-500 people that he is tracking (I’m sure all are at a different stage of their processing, but there is a sizable amount waiting for a polygraph).

@GenerationX did you get a call from these guys or are you still waiting?

hmm interesting. what makes you think that?

@Dima
Radio silence…

He told me to keep reminding him every few weeks because “he has a lot of people to track”. It sounded like if you don’t remind him of yourself - you’ll be the last one to go.

@GenerationX

Yep, they are not in a hurry.
I wish there was a way to message in private…

Did he give the list of the high COVID states? I have seen in the news where New Jersey has a list of some 38 states that they consider high risk. Or something.

I didn’t ask. I’m sure it changes from week to week anyway.

True.
But, you know I’m at peace now. I’m not anxious as I was when have been waiting to hear on clearance results. Now it’s just matter of time. I hope nothing goes wrong. In the end of the day I have done everything in my ability to pass all the tests, to comply with all requests and at this point nothing is up to me, so whatever comes to my plate I will take it. If it comes tomorrow I will be happy, if it will drag for another months – let be.
True for the latest.

1 Like

I don’t think hanging out on the beach without a mask is so dangerous… but when all those people come off the beach and pack into the bars and cafes on the boardwalk, that’s when it can be hazardous. Besides how can you drink and smoke with a mask on?

@GenerationX, @sbusquirrel

I wonder if you guys can translate this:

За песчаной косой
Лопоухий косой
Пал под острой косой
Косой бабы с косой

@GenerationX did you get the call btw?

I got nothin’ :frowning:

I remember some puns about Yulia Timoshenko wearing her hair in braids so they called her косая женщина which also had some meaning that she was nasty…?

))) In the passage above the same word косой has four totally different meanings: a sand dune, a sickle, a braid and a cross-eyed person. It all depends on the context of the sentence. None of them means nasty though.

I think it had to do with the ‘sickle’ meaning, like she would cut people down…? I dont think she was cross-eyed

You like to live dangerously ))).

They did ask me if I speak any other language and I generously gave myself a 2+ on DLPT scale even though I didn’t speak it in almost 30 years. They never asked me to get tested though.

Interesting(!!) I need think about the transition a bit… But this is similar to “Буффальские Бизоны”

The demand for different languages changes from time to time. I met a guy who was given the chance to learn Uzbek. He said sure, but by the time he finished the training the demand had dropped off to nil and he didn’t get a chance to use it! And not that long ago, NOBODY was looking for Russian speakers.

My other language (Belarusian) might get some attention after current events there.