TSSC Process Timeline

It’s beeing over 480 days since they sent me an offer and i sent in my SF86. Background investigation has been done since early fall of this year, but their HR still keeps telling me “that I’m currently processing”. Any insight into how much longer, since they can’t seem to figure out themselves? Anyone with a similar situation out there? Should i expect another year or another month?

24 months for me since I received my offer. 16 months in adjudication. I assume your agency is in the IC, like mine. That’s just the way they do it, very very slow.

I would honestly get a hold of your senator or house rep. They should be able to help you out and have accountability of x agency that is doing your investigation.

What are they telling you? “still actively processing”? A few months ago, i called and they told me that i was “in the fall review line”, but i still haven’t heard anything.

Unfortunately, senators and house reps can’t do anything when an applicant is in the adjudcation phase, only if in the BI phase or their BI hasn’t started yet.

Yeah I call once a month just so I feel like I’m still in contact with someone but they can only tell me that I’m “still actively processing” and nothing else. No timeline, no guesses, no anything besides i’m still processing.

I currently possess a TS but still have been waiting for my SCI process to complete for about 3-4 months and even though this is not my first time holding an SCI, anyone have some experience or are personally aware how long it took for those other individuals to receive their SCI adjudication or approved? I just do not remember it taking this long while I was Active Duty. Thanks

Reviving this thread as I am getting extremely nervous about my case.
Filed eQip for TS in Sept 17
Interview in Dec 17
Follow up Interview in Feb 18
BI closed (according to conversation with NBIB phone line) in May18
silence since then…
According to FSO case in in Adjudication.
I thought (and according to) articles on internet adjudication doesn’t take more than a few weeks. Mine is in Adj for now almost six month. I have seen people whose BI was closed after mine got Adjudicated within a couple of weeks.
I don’t know what is happening with my case now… This is getting really depressing for me.

I’ve been waiting almost a year for an SCI for a DoD GS13 position. Had to take a contracting position until the SCI is granted…very frustrating process!

Is there no way to call adj agency and talk to a someone to find out what is going on?

I would contact your senator. I did this and worked out.

I have contacted my senator. I received a phone call from senator’s office that they will contact CAF on my behalf. But, I was told that they can not expedite my case as I had requested. I get that. But I wonder, those whose senator’s office reached out to CAF, how many of them saw their cases processed faster.

Mine did. I would try your other senator. 399 days for my clearance and 7 days for the adjudication.

1 Like

ThinkTank, any new word on your adjudication or any movement at all?

No movement from anywhere. I am yet to hear from the senator office. I will surly post an update as soon as i hear anything.

1 Like

Sounds good, hope you find something out soon. Mine just went to adjudication a little over a month ago but based on DoDCAF’s average timeline it should’ve been adjudicated by now so I’m wondering what is going on. So frustrating to have no idea if our cases are even being looked at or just lost in the shuffle somewhere.

1 Like

The CAF timelines have a very wide swing. By looking at the blogs and forums, and based on my observation, if one is not adjudicated within 1-3 months, expect a long wait of > 12 months just in adjudication phase.

2 Likes

Yeah, they always quote the “Fastest 90%” but it would be really interesting to see what the timelines are like for the last 10% and how many of the last 10% cases led to LOI/SORs and how many were just some bureaucratic screw-up.