Adjudication-almost done?

My main issue is I am married to a foreign national with family ties. We have been married for 7 years, and had been married for about 4-5 years when I started this process. Any other problems haven’t been problems for over 8-10 years.

amberbunny, I’m assuming the wait for SECRET adjudications is 6-8 months still? What in your estimation is the wait now for TOP SECRET?

We are consistently seeing 18 to 24 month waits for a full scope Poly TS SCI clearance to complete. If folks are applying for operational roles they can move faster as they have more juice. If you support a support contract…less so. Much less so. Just the nature of the beast. We have been hearing clearance times will be cut in half by May and June of 2019. I am seeing a few more close earlier…but nowhere near half the time. I predict they play it like a shell game where they claim the BI is closing in half the time. But Adjudication is now backing up for 12 months. Time to clear is the metric they ought use. Meaning from the time they initiate the BI, to the time the person is cleared.

One of my friends said he was told somewhere between 1 and 2 years for TS/SCI for adjudication…FWIW

I was in adjudication exactly 90 days, starting from the time my BI closed. This is for TS.

2 Likes

can you please share the customer service line #???

1 Like

Can I ask what agency this is for that took 90 days? Wondering if this is DHS

@pineapplepizza1434 DOD. My timeline was:
10/2017 Equip Submitted
8/2018 Subject Interview 1
1/2019 Subject Interview 2
2/2019 TS Closed, entered adjudication
5/2019 TS Granted

3 Likes

@pawngobbler, congratulations!!!

@pawngobbler congrats…how did you know when your case entered adjudication? I have been trying to figure out for months now if I’m there yet.

1 Like

@Rkf4ever to do this, you need to submit a FOIPA request to DMDC. The easiest way to do this is purchase a template for $10 here: https://bigleylaw.com/security-clearance-investigation-records. I went with JPAS Records

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ll check that out.

Oh wow it took them 3 months to adjudicate. I was told by my new employer that my case was assigned to adjudication last week and should expect a few weeks until I get granted my TS. I really hope it doesn’t take 3 months

Does anybody know backlog numbers for adjudication these days and the average time it could take for TS/SCI (contract with DOD), no financial/criminal/drugs issues?

contact Gerry Conolly’s congressional office. the 2020 NDAA required adjudication reports to congress

@WengerOut
Thanks, my report was just recently submitted. I was just curious what people see now in terms of time spent in adjudication, I know nobody can predict the actual time but I would think it should be shorter even compared to a few years ago.
P.S. my condolences to your team, another year without Champions Leage.

My BI wrapped up in 2018, so YMMV.

There have been a couple of reports that once they cleared up the backlog of investigations, now the bottleneck has moved to adjudications.

I also wonder if they are focusing on adjudicating new clean cases first… after all, if someone has been waiting two years, let 'em wait; but they can still get someone adjudicated quickly who has just been added to the queue. After all, that gets them one person adjudicated within the target timeframe.

That’s just a theory of mine but it would not be the first time something like that has happened.

1 Like

In the IT world, we have an issue with “cherry pickers”, that would quickly search for the easiest ticket and close it so they had numbers. I cant say it is or isnt that way, because it’s all based on metrics and how they are incentivized. If its purely numbers, then yeah, easy cases get done quickly. If it’s a combo of age in queue and numbers, I dunno. If they want the queue low and want it quickly, easy cases done 1st till they are all done and then moving on the harder and harder ones till a new batch of easier ones come in then they get done. They also may have 1 or 2 people who are doing “hard” cases while everyone else does easiest ones first. It could be really anything going on, but like I said, its thier individual metrics that drive it.

1 Like

Sean M. Bigley has departed from the legal profession; anyone claiming to be him online is fraudulent.