Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Wow congrats! A little over a year of waiting, not too bad.

So this answers a question I’ve had: is an interim clearance explicitly denied, or just not granted? Based on your answer it sounds like the security office was informed it was denied.

My E Quip was sent end of March
Interviewed June
Started the job Mid May
With them hoping my interim will come through
One out of two ppl were interviewed that I provided names

How long does an interim take in based on what has been completed ?

The job is meeting whether my contract should be pulled , of it is does that stop the whole process of my secret clearance even though I’m pretty close to the end ?

Just curious if there are only two statuses when you call? I got told it was pending and asked what’s the next status and they said closed. I’m guessing that’s when it goes for adjudication? Submitted SF86 May 25th, 2017

Mr. Hakamaa, quick question: after about 5 months and credit check and prior employers contact, status since 2 weeks is ‘interim eligibility pending’! Does this mean an interim will eventually be denied or more information is needed or an interview will be scheduled?! Thanks.

I cannot advise where in the process it is or what will be the outcome without being able to look at all of the case details myself. Here is the DoD contractor process: http://www.dss.mil/psmo-i/indus_psmo-i_interim.html

1 Like

Hi all. Ive been in adjudication for the past 10 months for a ts clearance. Has anyone else been in this same situation?

Has your investigation already started or is it pending an investigation? If your investigation has started, I say your process is moving rather quickly compared to some individuals that wait a year. If customer mentioned that the next step is closed, then it looks like your investigation is under way. When your investigation has been completed by OPM, you’ll go into adjudication.

My investigation closed end of 2015, I didn’t hear anything until this month, nearly two years later. I received an SOR, if you have any things that came out during the investigation, they could be organizing an SOR for you, which adds additional time. (mine is for a secret, which should be a quicker process than yours)

My investigation was completed Aug 16 according to OPM. I’m confused as to why I don’t have my clearance yet.

My five-year update (periodic reinvestigation) completed in early 2014. It was adjudicated (final clearance granted) in Spring 2017.

Your mileage may vary. I hope.

There are many individuals on the same page as you. I have been waiting for more than one year in adjudication for TS also. Judging by all the responses on this website, just about everyone is experiencing unusual delays. But all we can do is wait patiently for further notice.

Wow, 3 years for final adjudication, that’s nuts! Was this for TS by chance? How does that work when your TS is good for 5 years and two years after? Would your clearance be in jeopardy of expiring or would it have the status of “pending PR”?

As long as I had my paperwork (well… no more paper with an eQIP) in on time, and as long as I stayed at the same employer, I was still cleared. Sometimes folks had problems visiting other sites when in this status but the DNI sent out a memo saying that for people in this situation, clearances don’t expire. I guess he had to do that because so many people were waiting so long!

Makes sense. But at the same time it sucks for someone looking to relocate to another agency. A lot can happen in 3 years, including receiving an offer for a better job opportunity.

Does anyone know about how long the review process can take?
Investigator informed me a couple weeks ago that he would be submitting his report from the subject interview for review. He said that I may hear back from him if the reviewer had more questions. He made it sound as if my investigation was about ready to close but he had no idea of a timeline.

I am currently living through a nightmare of delays . . .

My file was sent to the wrong OPM investigative office and sat on a desk for four to six months before someone realized that it should be elsewhere. My investigation was completed on March first of this year and just last week received an SOR that I need to address. I mailed my response to the SOR today and I have no idea how long I have to wait for a response.

I elected to have my adjudication made on the written record instead of hearing because I have excellent documentation and mitigating circumstances for everything on the SOR.

I have now been grossly underemployed since April 2016 and I interviewed for this job in June 2016. My SF-86 was filed on July 1, 2016 and still I wait . . .

You too were given a “Eligibility Pending” right? I only ask because I was told that today in an email from my FSO.

Hey all. It is my first time posting here. I have previously held a TS SCI, and it expired since I returned to grad school. I interviewed for a position back in November of 2016, and then the hiring freeze slowed everything down. I finally received my CJO in beginning of May. Submit paperwork the same week and then hit a snag when the HR at CPAC went on leave. Drug test came back clear and then they had to figure out who was suppose to initiate my clearance. End of June they figure it out but never told the gaining unit to start PSIP. July 11th received PSIP request after contacting unit and fingerprints were also done. July 14th received request to do e-Qip which was finished the same day. July 17th received email stating e-Qing was clear of errors and it was sent to OPM. Received notification that BI was opened on the 18th. Now I sits and wait with the rest of you. This is for a direct hire for the DoA as a GS. Any one in a similar situation?

I called FSO in Feb and a few weeks ago, both times, he told me my status was “Eligibility Pending”. I’m assuming that it is either your status from the moment your investigation starts til it is finalized or from when your interim is bypassed til finalized but not 100% sure.