Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Thanks! Hope you get back good news soon!

In some cases I heard those that do not get their interim clearance their jobs offers were rescinded.

depends on the employer or client. the employer may assign the new employee to bench or pull the conditional offer. in other cases the client may ask employer to find another employee, and employer may pull conditional offer if replacement is found.

Yes I would agree with that statement.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had a S/TS clearance initiated in 2017 and has been adjudicated? Or has known anyone whom this has happened to?

I work for a defense contractor and we had a couple of new hires get cleared in about six months. Mostly they are taking a year. So a few are getting through.

But don’t hold your breath.

My investigation started in December/January and was just adjudicated (I was notified) on Monday for a TS. This was for a position with the Intelligence Community.

Total time in adjudication, if you don’t mind?

How long did it take for them to send you a copy of your investigation?

@anon1989 Found out that I was in adjudication in April. So, 4 months in adjudication.

@tonyb2264 Are you a recent graduate or on the younger side? That could be why yours finished faster.

How long did you wait?

Someone in my office got their full TS last week. They got their paperwork submitted in Feb 2017. This was for an initial TS as a contractor. Pretty frustrating since I got my paperwork submitted June 2016 and still haven’t been contacted by an investigator. Neither have any of my previous managers, neighbors, references, etc… My FSO refuses to ‘shake the tree’ because he said they will put my file back to the bottom of the stack. I’m pretty sure I’m already stuck on the bottom of the stack…

Holy crap. My paperwork was submitted march 2016 and I’m still waiting! This system is broken.

Sbusquirrel - Have you dealt with an applicant who needs a DOS clearance and has a DOD clearance? Is there any way to reciprocate the clearance or speed up the process or does it start from scratch at the beginning?

Neither. I’ve been around for a while. 20-year veteran, 13 years in the federal government. Lots of foreign travel but all to allied countries. Last TS expired in 2004. Maintained a public trust 2005 to present. This was for a non-contract position.

It took 8 1/2 months total.

supposedly State will do reciprocity, but they reserve the right to do their own investigation.

lmikelowrey
August 31 |

Sbusquirrel - Have you dealt with an applicant who needs a DOS clearance and has a DOD clearance? Is there any way to reciprocate the clearance or speed up the process or does it start from scratch at the beginning?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

sbusquirrel
August 31 |

I work for a defense contractor and we had a couple of new hires get cleared in about six months. Mostly they are taking a year. So a few are getting through. But don’t hold your breath.
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Sbusquirrel - Great, thanks for the response. At least I get some hope to run on.

Hey all,

Just poured over these comments from a year back and received a ton of info. Just wanted to thank moderates and everyone that contributed to this thread.

On July 20th I submitted my equip to start a cbp ssbi. To my knowledge and what i read I am not getting a clearance. The job (Data Analyst) does not seem like it should require one. My job offer is contingent on receiving an interim cbp ssbi. I know that they are different in terms of BI but i sent my eqip off to OPM personnel so the wait should be similar. From the info gathered i see people getting interims with 3 to 6 months. Is this the case with just a ssbi also. Hopefully someone can help me solve this.

BTW I have seen many people post that their HR said that interim is usually granted in 4 to 6 weeks including mine. They need to be updated because I knew nothing about the process and that totally screwed me over.