Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Thank you. Good luck to you!!! :laughing:

have you heard about 10 USC 1564?

1 Like

When did you submit your paperwork versus when you get interviewed?

I submitted paperwork July 2016. Interviewed 23rd of August, now they are calling my references. Any idea how far I am from the final?

You getting your secret or TS?

It’s the Secret, so not too high

The best indication at this point might be the post from longjourneytosecret above-- it took him/her just under a year to be interviewed and he/she received notification of clearance three months later. My sense from reading posts is that it takes roughly a year for a secret at this point assuming that you haven’t done anything problematic (with TS naturally taking longer) so you’re probably fairly close to the end. Of course individual cases vary and I could be dead wrong. Good luck!

I am new to the clearance process, and from what I can tell it has been moving at lightning fast speeds.

Late Jul 2017 - Submitted SF86
Mid Aug 2017 - Subject Interview
Mid Aug 2017 - References/employers ect interviewed

I am scheduled for my poly next week. I am currently being investigated for a TS/SCI with full poly.

I have several other co-workers that have submitted their paperwork for a secret clearance months before me and there hasn’t been any movement on it.

I am hoping that the pace keeps up and I can get my clearance in under 6 months.

Ok that is not fair… @ace

I know – @HurryUpandWait. I don’t know why mine is moving so fast. I just hope that it doesn’t get stuck after the poly, because it has been doing so well so far.

1 Like

Don’t want to be the debbie downer, but the same exact timeline happened to me starting in June 2016…but I’m still waiting. I was also very hopeful when it went so fast, and now I’ve just sat here. I’ve been “in-house processing” since last August.

Best wishes regardless my friend.

I think a lot of us envy you! It makes me wonder if you are going to work for the DOD or a contractor. It seems like DOD or other government agencies has priority over contractors. Congrats! I am completely jealous waiting 190 days now.

For the record I’m a direct DoD hire and am at day 370 or so for a secret. If I’m getting any sort of priority treatment it would sure be news to me.

1 Like

Hey guys,

Thought I’d share my experience so far too. I’m getting very anxious. I am in process for a DOE Q (DOD TS equivalent). If anyone can comment on DOE processing times, please do.

10/12/2016: SF86 Submitted
11/03/2016: Saw a credit pull
07/11/2017: Subject Interview
Today: Still waiting

I’m a recent graduate and I’ve lived in Atlanta, Chicago, Upstate NY, and Southeastern WA. I’ve been told my investigation in WA is done and I know my references in NY have been contacted (like a month ago) so I’m assuming the NY portion is also done. I haven’t heard from my Chicago and Atlanta references yet, which makes sense since those are larger cities.

Thoughts?

Wow! You are just a week or two ahead of my timeline…im hoping I’m close, I really need it at this point, just got offered a federal position with DOD requiring a secret. I’m afraid they will deny me because I could not get an interim. If I have my secret they’ll just welcome me right in. Haha

Ditto. DOD direct hire but I am around 400 days now for a TS. I don’t think direct hire makes a difference at this point.

Have you had your subject interview yet? If so when did you get your interview relationship to when you submitted your SF86? Its been 191 days and I have heard nothing.

I meant to say 194 days. My Bad!

Hey guys,

Finally got my TS clearance. I’ll give you all my timeline.

SF86 paperwork submitted March 2016
Interim ts granted June 2016
Interviewed August 2016
Background check completed (according to OPM) August 2016
Contacted State Senator August 2017
Received Clearance September 2017

Best of luck to you all!

3 Likes