Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

You aren’t alone! So what day are you at? I am about to hit my year mark on March 9th!

18 months since cjo.

Wow, that’s rough. I have to commend you for sticking it out that long. I guess do not a choice…I just hope my clearance will go to adjudication soon!

I’m at 13 (or 14?) months since CJO. SF86 submitted almost exactly a year ago. Waiting on adjudication - hopefully it isn’t another year but by some of your guys’ timeline it could be.

I enjoy my work now luckily.

It’s been 12 months since I submitted in my background clearance info. My security officer stated that the OPM has yet to open my case. Stated he would submit a request on why it’s taking so long. Any suggestions?

I’ve advanced pretty well until my files were transfered to OPM SECURITY.
I have had clearance from working with the Federal Government for many years then retired over 11 years. So I thought that I would be right back to work in at least a MONTH from my first contact as in the past. However, since I have now applied to go back with OPM. I was called in November 2017. Accepted and Signed Offer Letter Dec. 2017. Did E-QIP, Drug Test and Finger Prints Dec. 2017. Files sent to OPM Dec.2017. Met with BI Jan 2018. Credit Check and References called and interviewed in Jan. and Feb. 2018. Was in cordial contact with CSRA Advisor as I began making her crazy with questions of how much longer. And am afraid that she has stopped answering my email of at least every 2 weeks. I would really like to know what’s going on and where I stand in the process with OPM. Any suggestions?

contact your senator?

Did you get an answer?

If you are applying to be an OPM contractor (or OPM employee) and your case is with OPM Security, that normally means you are in adjudication or nearly so. There are numerous reasons why your clearance is held up - to include trying to access your old OPF or the FBI check may not be back.

Hey good to hear from you again. No I haven’t yet…it’s been quiet since my follow up SOR I December. My FSO hasn’t come out to me with information nor my leadership. BIG SIGH Just waiting till I know I hope it’s real soon.

I’m suprised you didn’t get a response from the DOHA status email I gave you. Maybe they don’t have your case…

Not sure, but it sounds odd that OPM has not yet open investigation for that long. When you said you submitted in the background clearance info, is this submission of SF86 or else? When you submitted it, the security officer will scan it for completeness then send it to OPM. OPM should open the case within 2 weeks or so, about 1 month to 2 month, you should know that you are eligible for interim or eligibility pending (denied interim), then the actual wait start for an investigator subject interview.

One thing I notice is that some employer avoid to tell the candidate that their interim is denied, by saying your case is pending until you ask what is the actual status showing on JPAS or equivalent. They don’t want the candidate to turn their back and walk away from the conditional offfer. You can call the OPM’s FOIA hotline to check if your case is opened or closed at least you know the case is opened and pending.

So how long does the adjudication take approximately?

So in reply of this this is what I got back from the email…

Good Afternoon ********,

Please have your facility security officer (FSO) contact the DOD CAF for information on your case. Thank you for using the DOHA Status Inquiry Email.

So I was slightly discouraged at the point so I had my chain of command contact the FSO and stated nothing on the email back to my leadership.

And proceeded to call the number as u listed…told me my case was closed on 11/1/2016…

Now what again guideline F for financial considerations I reviewed my SOR I sent in and my reply SOR. I have been paying all my back pmts. But no answer… Everytime I think about this I feel that the Adjudication has gone wrong

Now I had a INTERM clearance at my old unit before I transferred over when I transferred to my new unit they would not give me computer clearance till all of this was solved by dod caf

Still going to work everyday with a black cloud over my head…

Oh yeah forgot JPAS says same thing…

I hear a month or 500+ days have u read the forum?

I am very new hear but yes I am reading the forum.

Thank you for serving our country. I am guessing you are trying to become a 35F. I was one too. What company were you in? I was in Bravo 305th.

Mr-Gonzo, I wouldn’t worry so much. I have heard that DOHA sends some cases to DOD CAF based on workload and/or other circumstances. So, this is business as usual and would explain the delay. If they did not send to DOD CAF then you probably would have had a response by now. So this is what is causing an additional delay. If you addressed all financial concerns, I wouldn’t stress, that’s all they are wanting to see. Thank you for your service, I am also a vet and appreciate your continuous service. No amount of worry will change the outcome, try to find the joy in daily life, try not to think about “what-if’s” and before you know it this will all be over. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Hey thanks man. I really appreciate your kind words…I feel to others that im a burden on this forum. To look with in the post for my answer but that’s not nearly my issue I have so I need to outreach people on here but I will keep u posted.