Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Hey thanks for the guidance on this I will let you know for sure!

Contacted the toll free number but was referred to talk to the fso about it…so I’m just gonna wait.

There’s not much more that you can do. As little information as we get during the investigation phase, its a flood compared to the later phases.

I agree let this happen…I’m just wanting a result.

1 Like

Totally understand. Plus as I recall you have gone through some additional steps and have already been waiting a while. It is easy to be philosophical at this point but it is a whole different matter when you’re the one waiting for the letter or the email or the phone call,

1 Like

I agree with you. It’s been going on 3 years almost (November) and I’ve done everything I can.

Does anyone have experience with DOE Q clearance?

I received word from OPM that my case was closed and off to DOE for adjudication.

Any idea how long this takes?

I submitted my SF-86 in May 2016, got interim secret clearance 4 months later. Just had my interview with the investigator, 21 months after submitting the SF-86.

How long until the adjudication? Anyone have an idea?

I’m kind of paranoid now that I’m gonna lose my clearance because of an association with a foreign national who is in prison. She’s just a penpal from Bulgaria. So I’m probably worrying over nothing because I can’t imagine they would be so xenophobic to essentially bar all friendship with foreigners.

No . . . They aren’t going to take your clearance because of a Bulgarian pen pal.

But, the statement, “I can’t imagine they would be so xenophobic to essentially bar all friendship with foreigners” gives me pause . . .

Had a dream last night I got cleared and went to orientation. Long dream, too.

1 Like

Hmmmm maybe this question has been asked before.

Is the average number days showing on the published timeliness charts counting work days only and exclduing holiday or is it counting the total duration number of days?

1 Like

I have many dreams of that dreams :smiley: … goodluck.

Sitting on 521 day right for a GS job within DHS
I have emailed congressman
emailed hiring supervisor
emailed OPM
called the FOIA line several times

what I got was to just continue to wait…due time my man, due time

So did I! Last night as well too. Ugh.

I’m past day 600 myself. Can’t keep track of exact days anymore.

Got an update yesterday it’s in adjudication at DHS HQ. I hear you but I can’t call my bank and say hey I got an awesome job standby for two years while they vet me.

no sir, wishes and promises do not pay the bills…

I admit that I too have dreams on occasion where I am going through orientation and that overwhelming feeling of joy and pride gets quashed when I wake up and realize that I am still waiting.

2 Likes

Question for the crowd; Got a call today from a NBIB investigator asking if I minded going through an Audit of my previous Personal Interview. I asked several times if this meant my investigation was ongoing or if this was it starting over and she reassured me it was merely an internal audit. so my question is this, does this mean my investigation is closed or moving to Adjudication? or am I just screwed…

These audits are internal quality control. They normally are not a reflection on you or your case.