Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Hello All,

My timeline so far:

• Passed all required language tests (yes, it’s interpreter/ translator job) April 2016
  • Submitted sf86 June 2016
  • Poly February 2017
  • All my references contacted, ex employers, friends, etc… March 2017- Aug 2017
  • Personal interview May 2017
  • Silence ever since
  • I’ve been waiting for 618 Calendar days- 423 Business days!!
    Some facts about me:
  • A naturalized US citizen since September 2015 (Which probably explain all the wait)
  • Two trips out of the country for the last almost 8 years
  • No major issues at all, some debt here and there but payments been made on time always

I wish you all good luck my friends… And thanks in advance for any comment on this!

1 Like

Question. Can someone explain to me how interim clearances are granted? I recently called my fso cause I was curious what stage my investigation, if closed. Sadly it’s still open but he told me I was granted a TS interim. I know that’s a good thing, but what exactly dictates that one can be given an interim? I can’t start working there until I’m fully cleared but getting an intertim is good sign the investigation portion is heading onward right?

Means, in theory, your position is critical-need and there was no derogatory information requiring attention, or information such that it was considered minor enough for you to be considered a non-risk.

Investigation is its own thing.

There was an article on here recently and as I recall, very few interims were revoked. It does happen but did not seem like a large percentage. However the investigation will continue at the usual slow pace, and when I say ‘investigation’ I’m including the adjudication phase.

I am an interpreter too. Submitted Equip on Dec 2017 References, friends and employers were contacted the same month. Subject Interview on Jan 2018 granted Favorable CFD and follow up second interview on Feb 2017. Waiting now…

1 Like

9 months in adjudication, finally finished. Total time nearly 24 months from cjo.
Farewell everyone, and stay strong.

4 Likes

I too am a naturalized citizen. I feel your pain. I know I have beat like a dead horse but you try your congressman/woman or senator?

1 Like

Wow congrats! Happy for you and that one of us finally heard. If you find out any additional insight into the long wait, let us know and good luck! Hope I hear something soon.

Congrats!! I know you waited an exorbitant amount of time so that’s good to hear!

Good luck my friend. Thanks for sharing your timeline.

Nope. I haven’t tried to contact them. My recruiter said that they would ask for more information that I don’t have. I don’t know how valid that is, but all I can do is just wait.
Have you contacted your congress rep?
Thanks for your reply!

I contacted my senator and things are moving faster. OPM sent myself and my senator a letter saying they would expedite the rest of my clearance process. Too bad that does not include adjudication.

1 Like

There’s hope yet. I’m at 11 or 12 months in adjudication and 22 months since CJO.

Oh! Yeh, I don’t think it ever includes adjudication. But hey, at least you have something in the works. Good luck!

I’m going for a ts/sci at an IC agency. My BI said to me last month that it should not be much longer and that I should have a tentative start date soon. It seems like they have finished a lot of work on my case, which opened in August 2017.

Should I trust that she might be right? Or does she really have no way of knowing how much longer I could be?

I’m trying to decide if I should stick it out at my current job or if I should seek something more fulfilling, especially if it could be another 6-12 months.

Thanks!

It maybe another 6-12 months. I wish you luck.

2 Likes

Do you mean you submitted your SF86 in August, or that the BI first contacted you then?

If the BI is still gathering info (possibly a relatively short time in the whole process) then yeah, adjudication could be awhile out

1 Like

My BI said the same thing, for the same level.

That was a year ago, so take that as you will.

1 Like

The BI only gets to see his piece of the pie. They can’t accurately tell you when you will hear anything.

1 Like

I turned in my forms in August and they began work almost immediately, asking me a couple of follow up questions within a week and scheduling a poly/psych in the fall.

Thanks guys for your input. If I don’t see signs of further progress very soon I may look for more challenging work.