Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Who did u email. I would like to have

The Security help desk for the agency doing my background investigation. I haven’t contacted OPM since I don’t know if it is with them or not at this point.

1 Like

In most cases, yes, but there still appear to be a few cases that just linger out there forever.

This used to be almost standard practice, especially for IC agencies, but most will actually issue a decision now… eventually.

1 Like

You can call the OPM FOIA hotline number. At least, they can tell you whether your investigation is open and pending. If they have that information of your investigation, it means your FSO completed their review of your SF86 for completeness and submitted to OPM.

Would the opm foia number be helpful if my agency is one of those that conducts its own review?

This is what I’m wondering. Even if OPM/NBIB actually does the investigative portion and forwards it on, if they could tell us whether it’s been completed and submitted to an Agency or not.

All you can find out from the OPM/NBIB via FOIA hotline is whether your investigation is open-pending or closed. I would assume it is sent to Adjudication after the investigation is done. Then, the decision is sent to your agency or employer… I guess?

The OPM FOIA line had no info on me at all, despite the fact that it was done via NBIB. Maybe because it was for the IC (non contractor)?

Whats your timeline? I am a non-contractor for an IC agency as well and approaching 15 months (455 days).

I looked at your months and my timeline is very similar to yours. Only difference is my poly and processing came before my BI, which I believe the field work portion of closed around ~09/17 but I’m not 100% on that, as BIs on here say. So I’m around ~420 days myself since CoE

NBIB doesn’t do IC investigations.

They do investigations for IC contractors, though.

Depends on the context of the work performed

Thank you very much for your help

Weird. Well I’m non contractor IC and my guy identified himself as NBIB, had an NBIB badge, the whole shebang.

Hm, never heard of such for IC. I stand corrected then. Sounds to be within DOD?

Non DOD. Then again this role isn’t clandestine. Still a T5 though obviously.

Would DHS be part of this? I want to call OPM to see if my case is open or closed.

What part of DHS?

National Protection and Programs Directorate (I believe it is part of cyber security)