Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

That doesn’t make sense. If it is with the same company I don’t understand why the clearance process wouldn’t continue. Maybe I just got lucky.

I submitted my SF-86 in August 2016 and didn’t get an interview until December 2017. It’s all over the place.

It took me 11 months from submission to get to interview for secret. Hang in there and contact your senator.

My Senator just reached out to the agency, and it appears that the agency has 60 days to prepare a response. 60!!! Just to let me know that “I’m still processing?” Hope we’re able to extract more details.

Also, has anyone had to ask their Senator to conduct multiple follow-ups? Or is the first initial contact/foia request sufficient to hopefully-maybe light fire under the arse?

You will receive a official letter response from NBIB to the congressman, very generic. You will get a little movement on your case (i.e. interview schedule … etc). Then after that, the assistant from the Congress Office will call to follow up with a personnel to check on your case (YMMV and depends on the office’s enthusiasm). Congress office has been calling to give me a follow up every month for the last 4 months, and my investigation is still open and pending.

1 Like

Does anyone know if people who are not listed on your references contact form can still be contacted by investigators? My hunch is yes, but I’m not sure if this is standard procedure.

Yes . . . They can . . . These are referred to as “developed leads” . . . They can come from friends or coworkers listed. If one of your neighbors says, “Well . . . He had a problem with Fred across the street last year and the police were called” the investigator will want to talk to Fred.

Thanks Ed! I figured as much.

Also I just realized, you’re maybe a 10-20 minute drive from where I live/work. Given the fact that we’re both on this forum and the location we’re in, we may see each other one day :slight_smile:

I can be found on Facebook pretty easily . . . This forum doesn’t really allow for any type of personal information exchange.

There is no obligation to use listed points of contact. By that I mean your BI is free to speak to anyone as warranted

Well, turns out a friend of mine was interviewed by an investigator today (finally). Obviously I’m still in the investigative phase…who knows how long this will take.

Was just told that I had to fill out another eQIP because my investigation finished over two years ago, they said that this is the additional information they need to adjudicate. Anyone else deal with before?

I believe I have seen a couple cases where that has happened on this forum.

The eQIP system retains your old entries and all you should have to do is update it with any new relevant information.

I had a slightly similar situation where my sf-86 submission was out of scope after 2 years and had to resubmit a new form and start completely over. If they say they need you to update yours for adjudication it sounds like you are at least almost done with the process.

Good luck.

1 Like

Loyo, have you heard back? Yours is def a bit of a diff timeline. It sounds like you were cleared and then had to submit add’l paperwork for SCI? Did that involve a poly?

Hey everyone I just wanted to give my update on my Secret.

eQIP submitted 3/21/2018

Interim approved 5/22/2018

mid 20s US citizen, no debts, no foreign relations, no arrests or convictions.

I know its not a full approval but it will allow me to begin training / work with the contractor and I couldn’t be more excited. I hope others begin to see the same quick responses.

Havent heard anything. I took the polygraph (after i accepted the position) in late 2016 and I was adjudicated the TS SCI eligibility in July, 2017. Then I had to submit the SCI clearance paperwork to NSA. The SCI is taking longer than my actual TS clearance! Makes no sense to me! I have given up and started looking for other employment.

Not all SCIs require a POLY, you can have aTS/SCI and TS/SCI w poly. You can have a TS with out SCI, for Instance, I had a TS then got “read on” for the SCI when I moved into a job that required the SCI. When I left that job my clearance went back to TS and I was “read off” and the SCI dropped off because the new did not have a SCI requirment…this was my situation…cant speak for anybody else.

1 Like

That’s just ridiculous, because it’s so easy to just clear you now for SCI. What is the deal. Have you reached out to anyone at NSA for more info or for an update?

They say my case is being worked. They use the same excuse every agency uses: too much work, not enough people!

loyo - who are you reaching out to, HR, hiring component, or Security? I’ve been reaching out to HR (who knows nothing), but Security never gets back to me.