Are You Experiencing Security Clearance Processing Delays?

Hey guys so my timeline has been very weird and not like anyone elses
I applied for a security clearance back in April 2018
Submitted the SF86 in April ‘18
Got interviewed by OPM agent May ‘18
Investigation was done August ‘18
Been waiting on adjudication stage since august
Any suggestions or seems like most people have been waiting longer than me?

Hey everyone, I met with my investigator October '18 just for the final interview and go over. She told me everything was complete on her end and what she saw everything else was done. She said investigation should be done by November '18, but I contacted my FSO and they said that they still require additional info. I already gave the additional info during the interview. Anyone experienced this?

You can do a FOIA request for a copy of your background check if your concerned.

At least people are actually getting their subject interview. It’ll be a year in March since I submitted my SF86… (credit pulled in August)…but no signs of an subject interview in sight. :smirk:

Not really that weird, some of the cases submitted recently are proceeding pretty quickly, at least as far as the investigation goes… which is really the only part we have much insight into.

As for adjudication… well…

1 Like

Equip submitted in june 18
Subject interview july18
Credit pulled july 18
One reference interviewed july18
Present employer interviewed july18
I call nbib every month they tell me it is still in process.
About ready to write congressman.

Remember . . . You may not have a subject interview . . . It may not be needed.

1 Like

@EdFarmerIII

Even for a TS/SCI? Excuse my ignorance, but I just naturally assumed I would.

No . . . I suspect that you WILL have an interview then. Sorry, l can’t keep track of who is going through what level of investigation . . .

But, I wouldn’t expect your interview to happen until closer to the end after they research and develop information on any issues that come up.

1 Like

@EdFarmerIII… I’m sure it gets confusing…lol.

But that makes sense. Let me ask you this, is the fact that I haven’t heard anything (sans having my credit ran)… a good thing?

Nobody can tell you that. Even if they discovered the most terrible reason for denial that you can imagine, they are going to continue the investigation to the end to see what else pops.

1 Like

Are you serious??? it has only been six months and you are thinking of firing the silver bullet? Your timeline is pretty fast compared to a lot of people.

1 Like

So I got a reply today from adjudications on the “sensitive matter” that they wanted to discuss. They want my mental healthcare providers at the VA to fill out some forms about me. Should I be worried now?

No, I don’t think so. My only question would be, did you disclose mental health treatment on the initial SF-86? I only ask because I wonder why they did not ask for release forms sooner… I assume they are looking for release forms to allow them to talk to the VA?

I know a guy who is worried because he did not disclose VA related issues because he was told be the VA that he did not have to tell anyone. Did the VA tell you something similar? Just asking, understand if you don’t want to go into details.

They want a medical professional to weigh in on an issue, doctors that have treated you and know you and your situation, usually it’s just a yea/nay on whether it would affect your ability to hold confidence.

Yes, it was disclosed on the sf86 and discussed with the investigator. I suspect it ties into the alcohol related incident. I was informed that they forwarded my security file to the DOS Bureau of medical services and they informed adjudication that they cannot render a recommendation without input from my treatment team.

Good day!
DOS Clearance through my company
I wonder if anyone been waiting too long like me, here is what I know about my time line:

Equip submitted in 06-01-2016
Subject interview 09-20-2016
Credit pulled (Don’t know how to look for this)!!
Investigation completed and moved to adjudication* Aug 2017
Last update: Adjudication for Secret in Progress 7-25-2018

Do you know what is my last statues update means? It’s been to long, is this normal case for the time being? My company patient is running out and I might loss my job, even though the didn’t say it but I can fell it :frowning:
Thank you.

There is a thread here regarding how troublesome and long the wait is. I submitted mine in Sept 2018, have not heard anything about it. Mine was/is DOD to a DOS Secret. According to my FSO/SSO, this is a 8-10 mos process.

Some experts here are saying it could be longer as in a over a year. Your timeline is starting to set some records. Best wishes.

-ID-

2 Likes

You’re longer than me and I have one of the longer ones here.

eQuip submitted in August 2016
Interview: July 2018
Investigation still open…

1 Like

Ohh waw! The only good thing is, no news is good news! But for how long :frowning:

1 Like