Can I have a BI moved from a Federal Agency to a FFRDC?


I was supposed to be an intern with an IC Agency last summer and my BI didn’t finish, but they elected to continue it and give me a chance for next summer. I recently accepted a job at an FFRDC that does defense work and requires a security clearance. I talked to the security office and they seemed to indicate it might be possible to transfer the investigation over to whatever authority does their investigations. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this.