Can my job affect my roommate’s SC?
I just moved in with my best friend. We moved into a townhouse and everything has been going well. I moved to Seattle from New Jersey and I have been a waitress in the past. I’ve had some opportunities to become a budtender, which I think will be a great thing for me personally as I am very sick of the hard hours and little money that comes with working in restaurants.
My roommate works for an aerospace company (works closely with NASA) and she says I can’t work as a budtender because it will affect her security clearance. I obviously know nothing about the processes these companies use but it doesn’t sound right to me because we live in a state where it is legal and we’re not married or anything. I would never do anything to jeopardize her future but my heart is a little broken because I finally have a chance to get out of the restaurant industry.
I asked if there are any specific policies or answers we can get and she said she’s not comfortable talking to anyone at work about this. I just want clarification on if it will affect her in the future or not.
Any advice is appreciated thank you