CE Question - Reinvestigation Deferment

I’ve read several posts on the blog and I’m somewhat confused about placement into CE/CV. I get the impression that the SF-86 is reviewed, and if there are no issues or glaring concerns, the applicant is enrolled into CE. Are written inquires still sent out (neighbors, educational institutions, etc)? I never fully understood the logic with reinvestigating what’s already been investigated. It seems that only significant changes should be what is evaluated.

This is a good question for which I do not have a good answer. I think in my case they did a fairly complete investigation (periodic update) before enrolling me into CE. At least I know they spoke to me and some co-workers. I suspect the whole thing (enrolling in CE) is still a bit of a work in progress.

Keep in mind that under CE/CV if something does come up later (as a results of periodic automated checks) they can do an investigation.

And as always, when it comes to details of CE/CV, I stand ready to be corrected or at least get some clarifying details.

Thank you for the response. There’s probably no consistency if I was to guess. There was another poster who was quite vocal about the fact that persons weren’t being interviewed and enrolled. I believe the individual is an investigator, and the lack of interviews is going to cut into his business.