Clearance transfer from Fed to Contractor?

I have been offered a government job that requires a top secret clearance. The agency will be sponsoring my clearance. The salary that they offered me is not comparable to private sector though. My question is, if I accept the job and then move to private sector after few years, will I be able to transfer my clearance?

thank you

Yes. Reciprocity is the name. However moving from the IC to a JPASS based clearance in industry can be problematic. Many contract companies work out of the IC and their systems, so they know how to cross over the clearances.