So funny story, true story… I call up my lawyer to let him know about the most recent developments and his boss answers the phone. Guy tells me my lawyer hadn’t been with the firm for a little over a month and said he would call the NRO and ask for an update. Technically I’m still on the books with the contracting company, but I’ve just been waiting on the NRO’s decision.
Now over the last year, my military FSOs and I have been trying to get CAF to adjudicate my case and bypass the NRO, this way I could at least get my military clearance back. They refused to budge and said that they were waiting on the NRO before they would make a determination on whether or not to reinstate my clearance. They told us this multiple times and when they updated JPAS the would always enter “NO ACTION”.
My assumption was that they were just going to claim reciprocity and deny me all the way, but the sooner they did that, then the sooner I could go before a DOHA judge for that specific military clearance (I know that I’d have to go before an IC Officer panel for the NRO if they denied me).
Obviously, I’m thrilled that they went ahead and gave me a positive adjudication without me having to go before a judge and fork out more money to an attorney.
The new question now…
Did the NRO actually make a decision already and maybe I’m just not aware of it yet because of the absent attorney?
If so, what are the chances that it is positive vs negative?
Or, am I still sitting under a stack of papers somewhere with that particular organization?
It’s worth noting that JPAS says that CAF re-adjudicated the clearance and make no mention of the NRO.
It’s a unique situation and I really appreciate everyone’s responses.