Counting DAYS to help prevent INSANITY!

You’re absolutely right. It doesn’t hurt to try.

Finally, I got an email from an OPM investigator. The problem is she is from the DC area where my job will be. She had to transfer me to my home state. I am not sure when the local OPM investigator will contact me! I am so happy!

Seems like this is hardly an unusual situation. Do they just assume everyone who needs a clearance lives near DC?

It’s not that they assume everyone is from DC. The work location will be DC so it went there first. The same thing happened to me. My employer is in Maryland but my home and my work location are in NJ. My file was sent to Maryland first and had to be transferred to NJ.

In my case, the NJ office got on my file pretty quickly but it likely depends on how busy the office that gets your file is.

1 Like

But it sounds like the investigator expected to meet with the subject in DC and only after a phone call did they realize what was going on. I can’t recall this ever happening to me but it does seem to be a fairly common topic that people ask about, ie, subject interviews being assigned to investigators in the wrong area.

1 Like

What I have seen is that the first investigator who receives a file is in the work location. I guess the assumption is that people will be working where their company is. It seems like they should be sending these based on the address of the applicant, not the prospective employer but that doesn’t appear to the be the case.

You asked if they assume that everyone who needs a clearance lives near DC . . . I was pointing out that the employer was in DC which is why the file went there. Had the employer been in Austin, TX, the file likely would have gone there.

2 Likes

It seems that way. I asked her how long would it be to transfer me to the proper person…she said about two weeks! LOL hey whats 14 days compared waiting about 300 days.

1 Like

UPDATE: My senator’s office called me yesterday. The rep read me a letter stating that OPM will expedite the remaining of my BI/adjudication. I hope they are right! I am now sitting pretty at 299 days!

1 Like

Apparently my senators office called me and read a letter from OPM. OPM said they are going to expedite my clearance. Today marks 300. So how long did you wait for the adjudication process?

1 Like

33 months since eqip submit. Going for TS

1 Like

Try contacting your political leader.

1 Like

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with an NBIB investigator and set to meet with him tomorrow. So the call took about two weeks to get transferred. I am pretty excited and I will update further. I asked him if he investigated any of my friends or relatives and he said no. I hope this will be good!

1 Like

Which agency? I’m approaching 21 months.

Its for a DOD contractor. You really should reach out to your senator! I am little over 300 days and my senator sent them a letter. The letter said they would expedite the rest of my clearance. I hope this also means adjudication.

1 Like

Something tells me that a Senator’s nudge wouldn’t affect the agency I’m dealing with…

1 Like

You never know until you try! You could always try and email the Whitehouse but I doubt anything would come of that.

SF86 submitted on May 17, 2016 (602 days). Case opened on July 26, 2016 (532 days). Interview conducted on August 22, 2017. NBIB said today (January 9, 2018) that my case is still pending - 140 days after my interview. Not even on its way to adjudication.

Here’s hoping my congressman follows up (no response from when I contacted him in January 2017 but he did manage to add me to every newsletter and calling list he has).

1 Like

My congressman was not responsive so I turned to one of my senators. 30 days later I received a response. OPM in a letter to my senator said they would expedite the rest of my clearance. Here is day 306. Nothing compared to the time you have waited. I commend you for sticking things out!

1 Like

You would be surprised… obviously, if your Senator is a ranking member or on certain committees then the Senator will definitely have an effect. If not, the Senator, by virtue of the office, is powerful enough.

I had a friend who literally went to her Senator’s office for a week or so after 2 years of unsuccessful attempts. When she met with her Senator one-on-one… lo and behold, she got what she wanted within a few days or a week. Point being, don’t underestimate the Office that the Senator occupies.

One thing I learned from her is that… Politicians hate negative publicity, especially publicity about their inability to help their own constituents. so give it a shot.

1 Like

I think also people need to remember each state has TWO senators.

1 Like