Counting DAYS to help prevent INSANITY!

department of defense (dod), sorry had to write out because of 20 char limit

UPDATE: I just had my interview on 1/09/2018. The interview lasted 5.5 HOURS! He said he will type up my report and send it in and that should take about 3 weeks (Hopefully by January 31st)! Next step the LONG LONG LONG road to adjudication!

1 Like

Wow, long wait for an interview. You are waiting on DOD secret right? It seems that DOD has the biggest backlog, in my opinion.

I am waiting on a DOD TS/SCI.

1 Like

I have to go through OPM and than adjudicated through DOD. Apparently, I cannot do anything with my INTERIM TS/SCI!

Oh wow. 5.5? Mine only took about almost 3. Did you have alot of information that required going over? I’ve heard most usually only 3 or 4. But almost 6 is insane

I have a lot of crap. My military recruiter screwed up my Original SF86 and I had to explain a lot. So there was a lot of discrepancies with my two SF86s.

5.5 hours is a bit on the long side but by no means insane. I know one guy, the investigator had to come back the next day to finish, I think it ended up being over 8 hours. But that’s the longest I’ve ever heard of.

yah…that could totally do it. Though, i commend you for filling out the SF86 twice.

1 Like

To answer an earlier statement… the Subject interview is always scheduled to the listed employment - Employers that don’t know what they are doing have the recruits list the “future” job location on the questionnaire - which slows you down. Considering DC is probably the area with the largest backlog — that error alone probably added 4 to 6 months to your interview.

Next… a really, really “clean” (slang for no issues - everything filled out - no errors on the SF 86 questionnaire) Subject interview takes about 55 minutes. I have been in Subject interviews up to 8 1/2 hours, many over four hours, most are about 2 to 3 hours, I am always very happy when I walk out with ten pages or less in notes from the Subject interview… I’ve had over 70 pages (140 when you count front and back) in Subject interview notes (6 1/2 hours interview) before…

The investigator said it would take him three weeks to write out my report. Do you know how long adjudication is taking?

Adjudication can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. It’s a guessing game.

2 Likes

I just hope my senator can press DOD on adjudication. I am guessing that will be a no but I can always wonder!

1 Like

My update: Received a privacy form from my congressman and sent a FedEx with all of my details (SSN, case #, opening date, etc). He received it on January 11. Investigation was completed and sent for adjudication on January 24 (Mr. Phalen himself sent a letter that was scanned to me). My clearance was adjudicated on February 7 (I had requested a copy of my investigation which I received on February 9 and checked JPAS to see it had indeed closed). Hallelujah!

2 Likes

So it’s mean your case was adjudicated within 2 weeks? Wow

1 Like

Yep… was it just sitting on the investigator’s desk being counted as part of the backlog…?

1 Like

I count everything since I submitted my SF86. Today is 368 days!

1 Like

I hope mine get adjudicate soon too since its has been closed recently.

1 Like

My is 222 calendar days (150 work days) today since the investigation opened. I got my subject interviewe, and my case is still pending.

1 Like

What people have been saying on here it takes months for adjudication!

1 Like