Crossover to multiple agencies at the same time

Hello- I am getting 2 offers from 2 different companies and each job is in 2 different agencies.I have following questions:-

Can I have my crossover done to multiple agencies through multiple companies at the same time?
I don’t even know for if crossover will go thru so can I try crossing over to job with 2 different level of clearance. One requiring TS and another with TS/SCI or secret?
Will it create conflict on my record in Scattered Castle?

3 Likes

I have this same question too! What is the etiquette? Do you only allow one company to do the crossover or can you allow 2? Is it a problem if they are ultimately supporting the same customer or should one only do multiple crossovers if it is going to multiple customers? So many unknowns in this world.

1 Like

I had a situation recently where I had 2 contractors trying to crossover me to the same customer. One had to stand down and let the other one proceed. It took longer than it otherwise could have been. Better to decide which one you want to go with at the beginning.

1 Like

Cross over is just bringing it from one system to another. Once that is done with one agency, they dont need to do it for the other.

1 Like

That is interesting to know. So if I am sticking with the same customer, but changing companies, how long should that “crossover” (HR guy says it is still called a crossover even if you aren’t changing customers/agencies) take? Or more importantly is there any chance of a failed one?

If you are already at that agency, there isn’t a crossover. Your clearance should be in the system they use.

1 Like

Well that is reassuring! Thank you! Is there an etiquette with interviewing with multiple companies? I ran into an issue where I interviewed with two companies, but the later one got back to me first. Should I go with who I interviewed with first or who gets back? What if a “crossover” gets started with someone but a better offer with a quicker “crossover” comes your way? Is it okay to stop the first crossover? I am trying not to burn any bridges.

1 Like

It is still a crossover, even within the same customer. Your clearance is held by a customer on a specific contract. When you go to a different contract - a crossover is required. They might even ask you to submit another SF86. They didn’t ask me, but I was told it does happen.
Also, the chances of things go south during such crossover a minimal, but still not 100%.

2 Likes

But these clearances are only held in 2 places DISS or SC regardless of the customer. I have never needed a “cross-over” once both systems reflected the same data. There would be no point. Now if the adjudicators want to review your SSBI because a specific contract is more “sensitive” then they can do that, but that wouldn’t require a cross-over; there is nowhere else for the clearance to cross-over to.

1 Like

For future searchers: Apparently you can have two crossovers going because hey, that is the job market and recruiters do shady stuff all the time. It won’t hurt either application. And filling out an update to your information is not a disqualifier. It barely extends the time you are waiting.

1 Like