Current DoDCAF Adjudication Delays

How does any of you even know you are at the adjudication phase? Everytime I ask them they say they can’t tell me: “I am still actively processing.” It has been two years!

Not everybody who says that they actually knows that they are. Generally, when you are told that your investigation is closed, people assume that they are in adjudication. This isn’t always the case. Some will be in a post investigation review. Others will be with CAF, which is the adjudication facility, but their file hasn’t been assigned yet. I don’t remember which agency you are working with but you should be able to find out more information than that. You should be able to find out where your file is sitting. Your next move, if you haven’t done so, is to reach out to your congressman and senators. Despite what others have said, I don’t believe that anything happens faster but you can get better information.

I agree, a lot of people think they are in adjudication when in fact they aren’t. But if the investigation says closed in JPAS you can can find out when it was sent to DODCAF. I was able to find out that mine closed Sep 19 and was sent to DODCAF on Sep 24, but that info wasn’t from my FSO, I think it was from the OPM hotline maybe? My FSO could only see when it was closed and not when it was sent to DODCAF, but generally it only takes a few days from the time it is closed to when the CAF receives it.

Thanks. I contacted my senator. Considering all my background/reference check/poly etc is complete, they promised to follow up. I’m praying for a favorable decision soon.

@Nat have you heard anything back from Senator’s office yet? We’re they able to find out where your investigation is currently? Also, for anyone else who may know: Is it worth contacting your Senator / Representative if you know you are already in the adjudication phase? I think I’ve heard that they can help speed up the investigation part but they can’t do anything for the adjudication phase. Any thoughts?

Looks like the NISPPAC meeting was today. This Link shows the latest times for Q4 FY18. Supposedly adjudication times are better than they were earlier in the year which seems odd given all the people here having problems.

Well you have to understand, the people who wind up in this forum are usually the ones experiencing the delays and differ from the norm.

@hdub, True. I’m sure we’re outliers, but frustrating nonetheless. Any word on your adjudication? Still waiting or heard anything back?

Same boat as you. 46 days since it was sent to DoDCAF. My FSO got in touch with them the same week you did and I heard the same: it wasn’t assigned to an adjudicator yet. No word since. Coming up on 8 months since SF-86 submission for secret.