Current local cop in TS/SCI process

Hey everyone, I’m currently a local police officer in the process of obtaining my TS/SCI for a fed job. I’m working on filling out my SF86 and am curious if during the investigation, will my federal background investigator be able to access the background investigation information that was submitted/obtained by my local police department during my background investigation for them in their hiring process. Just curious as I have been on the job for many years, and am wondering if they even keep that on record.

I have no idea, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they can. In any case, what does it matter? Just be honest on your SF-86.

I think it depends on your department policies, I was with an LE agency and like you needed a clearance for a fed assignment, all I know is that if your department allows it they can definitely request it. (You will sign document for all the releases medical and such… regardless). Just be honest, and you’ll be fine.

Hello your reply looked super helpful but it went down. Any chance you could post it again briefly.

Maybe maybe not. It depends how cooperative your local LE office is with federal investigations. Some states and agencies give full access and some very little.