DCSA and the proverbial opening of the floodgates

Agree. The backlog is at what? 250ish. I’ve been on this contract since 2009 and I don’t recall it being past maybe 300k or 350k then. Granted, we were doing a lot more field work at that time and there was no CE. But I do not ever remember a time when all of the vendors were struggling this bad. Maybe they are trying to side step the vendors and just pick up 1099’s directly. Regardless, there are many that can not wait around to let them figure out what they (DCSA/Vendors) want to do. Unfortunately, the first offer I get I’m mailing in my creds the next day.

@quickfix

I don’t blame you for leaving in regard to the non responsiveness from DCSA. I do believe the premise of the “thinning of the herd” is an accurate statement. DCSA has a low inventory, over saturation of FI’s and CI’s, and a federal workforce that is hungry for cases.

DCSA’s Modus Operandi in the past (pre-2005) was to have a federal work force do all of the work sprinkled in with a few direct federal contracts (CI’s) that act as an ancillary support. I believe this is DCSA’s end objective. It may take a year or two to reach that objective but that is the route they are pursuing in my personal opinion. This will eventually be the end of the vendors called CACI, Perspecta, SCIS, 1Force, and any other small sub contractors.

3 Likes

There is no backlog. At least, there is no backlog of cases waiting to be scheduled to the field. When they say that there is a backlog of 250,000 cases, they mean that there are 250,000 cases where people have submitted there paperwork and are waiting for their clearance. These are cases that are currently being worked, or are awaiting review/adjudication. They are now scheduling cases as soon as they come in. There is no floodgate that is going to open up.

Blockquote

1 Like

@davencasey

I think this explanation is correct and spot on unfortunately. We are all waiting for work to be dumped or released by DCSA and the facts are it is not going to happen.

The few cases I have received lately have had SD’s as recent as 10/09/2019. Have not received anything with an old SD in a long time.

Agreed, most of the work is currently at DoD CAF.

Are there any BI’s on the Fed side here? I wonder if there is work on the Fed side. :slight_smile:

I’m a fed, we are getting a trickle of cases and that all. There’s just not much work.

1 Like

Meanwhile i received equipment from “P” and on my way with training for IC. I also understand work is steady in my area based on convo with one Investigator …work maybe getting released “in batches”… as in Vendor complete a batch and get assigned another batch.

Confusing times

From what I understand DCSA will only release work based on the amount of work that has been completed. For example if the company as a whole transmitted 500 source units today, then tomorrow they could grab an additional 500 units

It must depend on the work area. I Just talked to a friend who is a fed agent. They have plenty of work in their area.

I’m contractor. Its been hit and miss. Cases one week, just a few. None the next. Plenty this week though. I’m just happy to be working. *I’m only getting cases that are no older than one month.

DCSA is hiring background investigators.

Not that I would have a shot in hades at a DCSA job, but I didn’t see anything on USAjobs. Did you see it on the DCSA website hiring announcement ?

I don’t see anything on USAjobs for DCSA investigator positions either

DCSA is taking resumes via email until 31 October. I submitted mine and received confirmation it was received and on file.

We are pleased to see you are interested in employment opportunities with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA). This email serves as confirmation that your resume was received by our office. Please note that your resume is not considered an application to any particular job announcement. Therefore, unlike the application process on USAJobs.gov, you will not receive recurring updates on the status of your resume. Also, we ask that you submit your resume only once during a six month period. Resumes are retained for six months and, therefore, multiple submissions will not increase your likelihood of being reviewed by managers. You will be contacted directly by a hiring manager if an interview is requested.

Again, thank you for your interest in employment with DCSA. We wish you the best with your career search.

Best Regards,

Recruitment Team

Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency

Human Capital

I submitted mine as well. Must be in word doc only or it will be rejected.

I got the same email response. Generic and auto generated. They are collecting resumes for all positions to keep in their database for future reference. I also heard that DCSA was looking for people to take early retirement to whittle down their staff. Third hand information but something to contemplate.

1 Like

DCSA just posted an ad for Background Investigators. Check USA jobs for opportunities in your area.