DCSA Interview Coming up

Hello,

I have a DCSA interview coming up for a Special Agent position and wanted some insight on what to expect or if anyone could share their experience.

Thank you!

They are going to go over your questionnaire with you. If they have any flagged items or found something you didn’t disclose, they will ask you questions trying to get you to disclose this issue before confronting you with it. Expect 2 to 3 to 4 to 6 hrs…

Thanks for your response. I meant an interview for a Special Agent position LOL.

The interview will most likely be a three panel interview with each person asking a set of pre-fab questions. Will discuss a lot of your past experience, etc.

Relax and good luck.

Thanks so much!
I’m a nervous wreck.
Any insight on the timed written assignment after the interview?

No idea what that is. Might be something new, might be specific to that supervisor.

I’ve taken timed tests for other positions, usually it is read a scenario then take a position and defend it using the information provided. It is basic reading comprehension coupled with a little analysis and your reporting abilities.

Best advice is to be comfortable, eat, get plenty of sleep, relax as much as you you can.

What part of the country are you interviewing with?

Does the local SAC have any influence over who gets selected? In non-governmental positions, the hiring manager, direct manager and even co-workers can “put in a good word” and it may help. Or will these positions go to someone with a preference (Vet, etc.) automatically (I have heard that reason in the past - “This person had to be hired because of…and they were a lousy investigator”).

1 Like

Not sure, hiring has changed a bit under DCSA but the local SAC is historically the final say. Usually veterans preference applies to the cert but I am sure there are always exceptions.

1 Like

Thank you for the response!

Hi there. Just wondering how this went and if you have heard anything yet? Best of luck

Just wondering how this went?

I have not heard back on the job application. Posting just closed. I will be calling the local SAC later this week.

Interview went well! Lasted about 45 mins with the Local SAC introducing the agency for the first 10mins, followed by a timed writing exercise. I have not yet heard back.

Bad news - email received from DCSA. “Tentatively qualified” but “not referred for interview”. Oh well, moving on! Good luck to everyone else!!

Something better will show up.

1 Like

That’s great. Good luck to you!

Do you know if they called your references? I haven’t heard mine have been called so just wondering

They have not. Still waiting as well. Good luck!