DoD adjudication interview onsite

The big question is why is it taking them that long to come back with a decision since they have everything now. I mean if the squiggly line machine didn’t like me and that is why they asked me to come in face to face and their questions were answered, make a damn decision for christ sake. Either you grant or deny. I literally repeated to them what I have already said. My version of being nervous etc didn’t change and it was the truth. I have a very vanilla life to put it mildly.

Review your notes, apply whole person concept and make a damn decision and adjudicate favorable or unfavorable !! This week will be 4 weeks since the interview.

2 Likes

I assumed you passed your poly right? If so why did she even need you to explain your poly? I am more intrigued by that part. Did she say anything about possible having you returning to redo it again?

1 Like

She said my poly was borderline. She said they were not great, they were borderline. She asked if I would be willing to do a third and i said if i absolutely have to but would not be a preference since not sure what to do when i get anxious during the poly and the machine goes haywire again. So i told her that I was hoping that this interview would help mitigate the issues at hand. Technically I’m open to a third is what I left it as.

So my take it that they might just review the 2 poly and my answers would be sufficient but it is the silliest thing that my background check, credit etc etc are very clean and they are putting an emphasis on the voodoo machine. I would think that if they were still not happy they would have denied me by now but you never know and its going on 4 weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some people here have reported having an interview after two or three polys when the test comes up inconclusive on one or all parts. That’s when you explain why you have trouble with the poly.

2 Likes

I think they really like you, and that’s why they wanted to bring you in for the interview. That’s a good sign right?

May I ask you if that’s a FSP or a CIP? The first time you didn’t pass and the second time was inconclusive/pass border line?

And yes, indeed it is silly they kind of letting the graph dictate the ending. I asked myself this question …if I ever make it to the end this time, will I be able to handle the poly again in 5 years during the reinvestigation? And if I failed in the reinvestigate poly , it probably will mean I may lose my job or the stress of filing an SOR.

Full scope. They can clearly see from the BI that I’m clean. They even said how the references and others said i was a straight shooter etc. I have a great career currently and make good money, great credit, barely any debt, 1 speeding ticket my whole life many moons ago, never did any drugs or got in trouble with law enforcement and most of all when i interviewed they told me that i was very qualified for that position.
I have always wanted to serve my country (it’s the highest duty for anyone to do) and willing to do the sacrifice and move my whole family north to DC. I’m just an anxious person by nature so I was hoping the interview would put them at ease and answer their concerns. But as the weeks are passing by, my hopes are getting lower and lower but I’m maintaining a positive mindset. Things will happen the way they were intended to happen I guess. Radio silence nearing on 4 weeks tomorrow.
Enough of my lamenting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

They most likely would have put you in for a third round or terminated processing if they had major concerns.
See it as their way of minimizing risk.
That interview was probably good news for you.

3 Likes

Ah as in calling me for a 3rd poly. Literally that machine gives me anxiety. I think also because i was nervous to do well since i want the job too, my mind can never shut down lol I’m always thinking.

Today is officially 1 month since my onsite interview but who is counting right? Hopefully you are right about this being good news. Not sure what’s taking this long. When i met with the 2 adjudicators, they both said that they were the final step to approve or deny.

1 Like

Don’t count, don’t compare. Just think the interviewers are busy working on your case for you.

FWiW, it’s been a month for me to have the on-site interview too, and I still have two more weeks to go before my final polygraph.

Hope this makes you feel better! :joy:

1 Like

OH you had a face to face interview as well. Is it with DoD? Is that your 3rd poly?

did they schedule that poly after your face to face interview?

1 Like

Yes, it was called security interview. It is with DoD. My security interview lasted two full days, followed by psych and poly. I passed the suitability poly but didn’t have enough time for CI poly, which actually took me another three to four weeks of wait to be rescheduled.

So it’s been a month since my security interview…

1 Like

We have the same situation practically going on. I had psych, med and poly as well. My face to face interview was 4 months after the poly when it got sent to adjudication. So since security interview, nothing.

Glad to see someone with similar path :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Finally getting time to post an update. I received the call last Thursday that I’m cleared and I start in september.

Big relief on my end. Thank you all for the support

6 Likes

Congratulations! Did your HR contact just call you on the phone and notify you then follow up with an email for signature?

Yes I got a phone call and was told I’m cleared and to pick a start date.

I had to acknowledge in an email that I accept the offer.

Have you heard anything?

1 Like

Not yet. I just finished my second polygraph…:joy:

Will definitely update if I hear back from them! Favorably adjudicated or suitability denial .

1 Like

How did it go?

Keep us informed.

2 Likes

I passed the CI portion in less than 2 hours, much better than the suitability portion.

Hope your move is smooth. Last time I remember you said you will have to move your family. Good luck!!

2 Likes

DOn’t forget there is still a backlog…

Hey @Squirrel , May I ask you a question? How long does it take from the FJO congratulatory email to the FJO with details (salary recalculation, leave hours?) I am sure your Hr probably told you in the email usually it takes a week for the salary to be approved (although they didn’t specify how long it will take them to recalculate the salary!) and wonder when I should notify my current employer. I got my EOD for August and it is getting close!

Hope all is well at your end!