DoD to DoD TS/SCI Clearance Crossover issues

They do know that. I told my new FSO, who said that once I submit my new SF86, the investigators will request my latest BI. The caveat is that it might speed up the process or make it longer, depending on how responsive the other department is.

Report all of the investigations. The two investigation rule seems to be enforced only when the investigations are with the same investigation provider (ISP). DCSA and Dept of State are two different ISPs, for example.

1 Like

Btw, by investigation do you just mean the BI portion or the whole thing with adjudication resulting in security being granted? Because my BI portion has already been completed.

Sorry, I meant just the background investigation portion.

Itā€™s also interesting to hear that you were able to get a CJO from a second contractor while still processing your clearance with your first contractor. Iā€™m also waiting on a DOD TS/SCI and have applied elsewhere, mainly so that all my eggs arenā€™t in one basket. But as soon as I tell them Iā€™m in adjudication, they stop responding.

Howā€™d you convince your second contractor to process you while youā€™re in process with your first contractor?

The second position is directly with the 3 letter agency, the first one is a contractor. The thing that is still not clear to me is that the contractor who is sponsoring me for the clearance (my BI is completed, waiting for the poly to be scheduled for 11 months now), their end client would have been the agency that is giving me the CJO right now. So in effect, the same investigation can be used for the second client because that investigation was performed by them anyway. At least thatā€™s what I think. The thing is, as @backgdinvestigator said above, this looks like the same ISP, so they would probably stop the processing with the contractorā€¦or not?

Thatā€™s so strange. Sorry itā€™s such a hassle.

Also, thanks for the useful info.

ŠŸŃ€ŠøŠ²ŠµŃ‚ Dima,
Glad to see things moving along! I guess the language test went well, otherwise there wonā€™t be CJO. Congrats!

I think if you answer ā€œyesā€ to the question about previous investigations, you need to make a brief comment. If that is correct, mention both investigations. If the investigator has any questions they can go into more detail during the interview.

1 Like

Hey Gen! Yes, it went well, thank you )). I might have created more problems for myself though, with these two processes going at the same time.
Anything on your side?

@sbusquirrel I will mention both, let them decide what to do with that info.

You will be fine. They wonā€™t interfere with each other.

2 Likes

Š”Š°! Š£ Š¼ŠµŠ½Ń Š’Š”Š хŠ¾Ń€Š¾ŃˆŠ¾ :))

Niiiiice! Congratulations! So it is possible to get to the end of the process.

1 Like

Not sure how to delicately phrase this questionā€¦ Iā€™m sure itā€™s not a standard practice but do people go through clearance process with no intention of actually working for the company sponsoring you for whatever reason (low salary, relocation far from home, separating from the family, etc)?
Letā€™s say a person goes through all that, he still has to start ā€œworkingā€ for that company to get read on to actually get the clearance, correct? So then 1 week later he says: not for me, not what I expected, bla bla bla, leaves and starts looking for other jobs requiring that TS clearance he already has. Or has he? Does that clearance remain in JPAS? Will he somehow gets blacklisted from that whole DOD or DOJ department? Are there any repercussions ? Will he ever have to explain why he left so quickly?

Iā€™ve heard of such situationsā€¦ maybe they donā€™t leave after only a week, but less than a year. Canā€™t say I know too much about what happens to these folks later on, it was more a case of ā€œHey did you hear that new guy quit already?ā€ and that was the end of the story.

Iā€™m sure they will most likely get some kind of question about why they left, especially if they left without having something else already lined up. But people would get those questions if they left a job where no clearance was involved.

Thank you. Iā€™m more interested in knowing if that person is ā€œemployableā€ in the industry after leaving shortly after starting, what happens with his clearance and any repercussions. I understand it wonā€™t look good.

Seems to me the workforce is more mobile than ever before. It used to be you didnā€™t want to change jobs too often; now it seems people are more concerned about staying at the same job too long.

And it is always best to delay leaving one job until you have found the new one!!!

You should be good. The final offer would say you have to repay the price if you leave under a year if the stipulation exists.

Agreed. And FWIW - do not in any circumstance leave a job with a company when you are close to your periodic reinvestigation. This can kill or severely delay any possible future jobs.

3 Likes

yes, you need to list all past investigations

SF86 question: Has the U.S. Government (or a foreign government) EVER investigated your background and/or granted you a security clearance eligibility/access?

Happened all the time on my last contract. We were hiring for support positions but they required full poly. Honestly it was the best way to undergo the arduous BI, start work and then apply to positions you really wanted as the clearance clearly helps.

2 Likes