Drug 'Handling'

I used marijuana approximately 4 times 4 years ago. I reported this on my SF-86 in response to the question - “In the last seven (7) years, have you illegally used any drugs or controlled substances? Use of a drug or controlled substance includes injecting, snorting, inhaling, swallowing, experimenting with or otherwise consuming any drug or controlled substance.”

However, there is a question regarding drug buying/selling/handling/etc. that I am not sure how to answer.

The question is - “In the last seven (7) years, have you been involved in the illegal purchase, manufacture, cultivation, trafficking, production, transfer, shipping, receiving, handling or sale of any drug or controlled substance?”. If I was only involved in the use of the drug, would I still need to answer yes to this question to include “handling”.

It seems to me that the question seems to be focused more towards buying and selling and that just using it would not require a yes to this question. Am I right in my thinking?

The question pertains the process of buying and selling drugs, which includes handling and packaging. You are correct in answering no if all you did was use it.