Estimated clearance/adjudication time

lmike, Smile, Collin & DaVinch - thanks for your well wishes! I hope all of you and everyone else waiting for a clearance get your day in the sun very soon! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Congrats! I was supposed to have an IC adjudicator meeting today to go over the forms. Mother Nature delayed that until Monday. Naturally

Good Luck! I bet the suspense is killing you! I know it would for me!

Mike
a question on the investigation Phase or phases. I started the process of the SF-86 for TS/CI in the month of October 2017. To date everyone that I put down has been contacted and a field investigator has interviewed them in person. All past employers, Close friends, people that know me best, and I as well. as of today none of them has been contacted a 2nd time. All so the investigator who interviewed me told me that he had orders to
expedite, for what ever that might mean. So my question is there any more steps in this process? and how much longer do you might think it might be before i hear something as to a final.
Thank You
J

Edacsmaster ā€“ I am no expert so I am just speaking from what Iā€™ve learned along the way. Being told your case is being expedited isnā€™t entirely unique. I was told the same thing, and have heard of others being told the same thing, and still waited an awfully long time. Did you take a poly? If not you will still need to complete that for a TS. You also have to go through adjudication once your investigation is complete. No one can tell you an exact time frame, could be 30 days or could be 6 months or more.

I also was told my clearance would be expedited too. I think we all need to know is the military will always be set ahead of us. Its frustrating but its life.

Iā€™m in the military and have not heard anything for 2 years.

Are you sure? I notice you frequent these forums for advise of an SOR you received at the end of last year. To say you have heard nothing is a bit misleading.

1 Like

You are right I havenā€™t heard anything since December 2017 my sf86 been turned in on 11/2016. So to me it shouldnā€™t be misleading. And my fso hasnā€™t heard anything.

it is always safer to assume that 50% of members you interact with on these forums are non-US intelligence operatives

Correction my sf86 was turned in 11/2015 not 2016 my investigation closed 11/2016ā€¦By the way are people self conscious about this forum?

Dude that sucks! When I got out the Army dropped my clearance from a TS to a Secret.

I will second the notion that there are lurkers of various types here . . . Not that I think all of them are foreign intelligence officers. Some, if not most, are just people without a lot of other life.

I see stilted English prose, I see people who seem to be all over with dates and I see people who keep asking the same questions over and over . . . Some, I just ignore . . .

2 Likes

I just got word today that Iā€™ve received my clearance to be hired and theyā€™re just waiting on approvals for mt FJO!

In my experience I submitted my EQuip in April of 2016, i didnā€™t hear anything from an investigator until April 2017. After informing him I moved from his area I am assuming he reassigned me to the local area. Fast forward to Aug 2017 I had my first interview, after that I had another interview Feb 2018. Finally in April 2018 my TS was granted. So from the submission of my 86 to the day it was granted was about 2 years. I am living in the NCR.

Mike
last week I got email that I have been put on a call list to go take a polly.
now how much longer before i get a call to go to the polly place?
2-3-4 weeks? I do not know, but at least I am getting closer to finish line.
the adjudication phase. another many months I would guess?
as for the polly. one dose not get to go to the polly unless they have passed all the background investigations / checks / field interviews, on the SF-86. is this correct?
thank you
JC

None of the questions you asked do I know certain answers. I never made it all the way through a TS process. Getting notification that you are on a list to take a poly, iā€™d say thatā€™s good news but how long of a wait, I donā€™t know. From my experience and what iā€™ve gathered is yes you should be at the end of the investigative phase if you are receiving a poly. This is also uncertain because I believe some agencies poly after all investigative portions are complete while other agencies give a poly that is not coordinated with the investigation at all. So, sorry to say it but I have no idea how much longer your wait will be. I would read other posts about TS timelines.