Investigation just closed

I just called OPM. My investigation just closed July 29th. I had my personal interview Mid-November, so its been about 9 months from interview to completion, and a year since submission to E-quip.

Now adjudication begins…

4 Likes

Congratulations and good luck moving forward.

1 Like

@needhelp…glad you’re moving forward, but wow 9 months seems like a long time. Nevertheless that part is done for you, congrats!

1 Like

It took your investigator over eight months to complete your background investigation?? Why so long? My investigator was done within just one month.

1 Like

I had a felony issue that spanned a decade and I’ve worked/lived in a few states over last 5 years

3 Likes

Showing yet again individual circumstance and complexity drive a lot of this wait. Adjudication time as well is normally longer for complex cases.

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS :tada:
question when did you have a polygraph and psychological tests? - before/after the interview?
ty

My process has been just as long, I interviewed in March 2018, received a CJO in Sept. 2018. I’d guess they started my investigation around January 2019, because that’s when I got an email that some info was needed. I head for poly and psyc this month.

2 Likes

@archaeochica please share on how it goes :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

How long before your case was adjudicated (if yet)? My investigation took just under 2 months and closed Aug 8. I am now in the adjudication phase. Waiting…

For me it took exactly 90 days in adjudication. Let us know when you get it!

2 Likes

My BI submitted my case for adjudication a little over a month ago so now I’m waiting…

90 days in adjudication…damn that’s fast given the horror stories I’ve heard about people waiting over a year in adjudication alone

2 Likes

Will I be notified via email if approved for clearance or do I need to get my Security manager to look me up in Jpass?

Your FSO will be notified and will notify you.

1 Like

Was just informed today that my clearance has been adjudicated as of 28 Aug 2019. T3 (Secret) clearance. So, after investigation closed Aug. 8. It took 20 days to come back. And I am married to a FN and have been working and living abroad for the past 15 years.

3 Likes