Investigation just closed

I just called OPM. My investigation just closed July 29th. I had my personal interview Mid-November, so its been about 9 months from interview to completion, and a year since submission to E-quip.

Now adjudication begins…

4 Likes

Congratulations and good luck moving forward.

1 Like

@needhelp…glad you’re moving forward, but wow 9 months seems like a long time. Nevertheless that part is done for you, congrats!

1 Like

It took your investigator over eight months to complete your background investigation?? Why so long? My investigator was done within just one month.

1 Like

I had a felony issue that spanned a decade and I’ve worked/lived in a few states over last 5 years

3 Likes

Showing yet again individual circumstance and complexity drive a lot of this wait. Adjudication time as well is normally longer for complex cases.

3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS :tada:
question when did you have a polygraph and psychological tests? - before/after the interview?
ty

My process has been just as long, I interviewed in March 2018, received a CJO in Sept. 2018. I’d guess they started my investigation around January 2019, because that’s when I got an email that some info was needed. I head for poly and psyc this month.

2 Likes

@archaeochica please share on how it goes :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

1 Like

How long before your case was adjudicated (if yet)? My investigation took just under 2 months and closed Aug 8. I am now in the adjudication phase. Waiting…

For me it took exactly 90 days in adjudication. Let us know when you get it!

2 Likes

My BI submitted my case for adjudication a little over a month ago so now I’m waiting…

90 days in adjudication…damn that’s fast given the horror stories I’ve heard about people waiting over a year in adjudication alone

2 Likes

Will I be notified via email if approved for clearance or do I need to get my Security manager to look me up in Jpass?

Your FSO will be notified and will notify you.

1 Like