Have you ever been questioned by Law Enforcement?

I answered truthfully on my SF-86 couple areas ago. I have zero criminal records. When I meet with the background investigator they asked if I have ever been questioned by law enforcement? The truthful answer is yes, I said no. This question was never asked on the SF-86. The correct answer would be that is out of your scope.

that is an unusual question. Normally, if i were to ask a broad question like that, I am fishing to give you a chance to volunteer something before being confronted with developed information.

It would be interesting to hear the whole conversation/line of questioning. Of course, this is impossible.

1 Like

Just wondering if Slug thinks our ‘scope’ are only those questions on the SF-86?

1 Like

Most people do think that very same thing…

1 Like

Yep. And aren’t they surprised. lol

1 Like

Drugs, alcohol, sex, rocknroll, firearms, explosives, tax protestor, groups trying to over throw the governtment, point guns at federal agents, infiltrate the military to raise havoc, you know, the ever questions on the SCA.

Don’t over think the questions - answer them literally and you can always say the question didn’t ask about misdemeanor arrests for disturbing the peace 9 years ago (unless the charge involved alcohol, drugs, guns…)

Usually older issues are asked to get clarification and/or determine if the behavior/action fell into the reporting period, is continuing, or has been mitigated.