Here to annoy: Which I’ve become good at! 😉

I have been seeing too much about the vacancy issue. I even went to the site and looked at job opening just in case I do have to grab something else really quick. I did see that they are still hiring for my position so that makes me feel a little better. As long as I can get cleared in next month or so I think it will be ok. But then again, I have yet to see someone having to redo both psych and poly due to “expiration”.

If there is no vacancy for my position I could just ask to take @Trey3 spot since he doesn’t seem too eager to start :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hawk911… wow…lol

Lucy enough for me and NOT you… my position hasn’t been there since I last applied. :man_shrugging:t5:

What are the official guidelines for expiry of poly and psych examinations

I was told one year but then again I have seen people getting FJO without having to redo them so I don’t know if there is any official guideline. I looked at other agencies and have seen that the poly is good for 2 years. There is absolutely nothing that I have see consistent with the clearance process except them taking a long time to do anything.

2 Likes

@hawk911, I’ve done some counting with respect to each step… and it appears that I get contacted about something every 5-6 months. Have you noticed anything like that?

I went over a year without hearing anything at all. Logic cannot be applied to the process. I noticed on the new IC Career site that they added a feature to track your progress but it’s only for new applicants. I wonder how well that is going to work.

1 Like

@hawk911… you’re correct.

And that website… ugh!!!

How does that even make make any sense, just because I’m an older applicant I can’t track my progress?

2 Likes

@Trey3 I was a little upset by that too, just because I applied earlier, I don’t get the benefit of the site as newer applicants do. Now whether the whole process will be more transparent than it is now is the ultimate question

1 Like

@Rkf4ever, I never know if the process will ever be transparent…

I’ll say this though, just allow recruitment to at least say where you are. (That’s the millennial in me I guess…lol) :man_shrugging:t5:

1 Like

@Trey3, yes that’s all I ask, at the very least say at what point I’m at.

1 Like

@Rkf4ever, I’m not gonna even pretend to act like it doesn’t bother me that my recruiter can’t tell me where I am in the process. Nothing too specific (for privacy concerns… I get that)… but at least: “Oh, your case hasn’t been assigned to anyone yet… here’s why.”

1 Like

@Rkf4ever, I told myself, I’d call once a month to let her know that I’m still alive. But I asked myself: “What’s the point?”

She’ll be nice… but that’s legit all I get it.

So, I don’t call anymore.

1 Like

@Trey3 Right, I’ve called her I think 3 times since April. I kept getting the same response, and then I got a generic email from HR or something, and so I just stopped calling…FOR NOW lol

2 Likes

I’m with you guys. My HR lady is very sweet, but I check in once a month, and always get a standard “No update from here because I cant see anything”. Then a generic email about processing.

Curiosity killed the cat.

2 Likes

@Rkf4ever and @Batdog123… it’s frustrating!!!

I should’ve exchanged numbers with the other person who was there for my processing day — we’re going for the same position — it would be good to keep encouraging one another through the process.

Let me ask this, the last time I did call, I’m
almost certain my recruiter made reference to me maybe NOT even getting a subject interview… did I hear her incorrectly?

1 Like

If it’s for T5, subject interview is required from what I understand

1 Like

@Rkf4ever, yeah, it’s a T5. I definitely didn’t hear her correctly.

That is rough waiting on the subject interview still. All of my stuff went fast at beginning. I want to say I had my subject interview a week after my psych/poly. I would like to know how they determine if they do pysch/poly first or BI first or if it’s just whatever is open on the schedule.

1 Like

I really think they are just backed up in your area. That is most likely the reason you haven’t had subject interview yet.

1 Like

@hawk911… that could be it.

I do believe that once it gets started, I’d assume it would go fast, for the scope… I’ve been at the same job for basically that time. Lived in same area, and only been out of the country once — with forgiven contacts.