How to beat a SOR

Looking at the whole picture…I don’t think it is a matter of any one item. It is a series of items. Whole person concept. Likely, they see the battery charge and three other drinking under the legal age charges. They see the “scheduled” payment plan but no payments (due to no income). You aren’t sure if he asked about the issues, but recall feeling relieved he did not. That speaks to feeling pressure to address, somewhat knowing it should be discussed. The investigator may have already known of the arrests and you had the chance of bringing it up and mitigating it by merely speaking to it. As Ed pointed out it is long in the tooth data, but the SOR isn’t about the drinking charges, it is about not speaking to it. Two different issues entirely. The first is easily mitigated…the belief you are not honest…puts a burden on you to prove otherwise. So you are fighting the battle of the sum equaling more than the parts. I do recommend a clearance attorney. They can help you from saying things that may make the case worse even if it is honesty. I’m not saying they will lie or ask you to lie, but certain bells need not be rung, and other ones need rung. The attorney knows the difference between the bells.