How to handle past issues?

Hey all, just got a job requiring a Secret clearance and I had some questions. I’m 26, and in the last 3.5 years I’ve served both in Peace Corps and Americorps. I’ve had absolutely no issues professionally or personally during this time.

Before that, however, I was an idiot. I’ve been fired from four or five jobs, mostly due to issues with management, one time because I was caught making sandwiches and not paying for them. That job, along with several others, I held for three or four months maximum, probably less. Do I report them on SF-86? The truth is that I finally woke up and realized that wasn’t how I wanted to live my life, signed up for volunteer service, and turned my life around. Is that enough? What are the chances this will kill my application?

Another thing is that more than seven years ago, I was caught for marijuana possession. I did Court Diversion and it never even went on my record. Should I worry about that? Should I even report it? This is all part of the same thing – I was young and stupid, figured out that wasn’t the life I wanted, and got on track with zero issues in the 3.5 years since.

Thanks for your help!

I am in the navy and have a red flag on my security clearance. Because a government travel card I paid of 4 montha ago . My security manager sent the papet work up and I have been waiting to get the red flag removed how long do I have to wait for it to be removed

If the question asks for specific information then you are required to report it, e.g., employment terminations, drug use, etc… If you are dishonest about your past history then you have committed perjury and if found out will definitely be denied a clearance. There is mitigation for the stuff that you described, and as long as no recurring pattern exists then you have a good chance of getting a clearance.