How to request our investigation and adjudication record from the new Defense Information System for Security (DISS)?

How could we request a copy of our own Defense Information System for Security (DISS) records, e.g. the summary of my investigation and adjudication history?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

https://www.dcsa.mil/contact/foia/bir/

And now I know what it stands for!

If you work in Industry, you could just ask your FSO when your last sf-86 submission was as 5yrs from that date you have to complete a new one. Or when was you last BI completed.

As other have mentioned, if you wany thw whole BI and what sources/records list, you need to dod a FOIA request but much is often redacted.

After receiving my interim background investigation approval to go the academy (approximately 2months after my final offer) i left cause i had a way better offer With a private sector that i was in process also.
My BI didnt stop and was completed 3 months after.
I received a copy of my BI already.
the job im in didn’t required clearance but the fact that im getting promoted to deal with sensitive infos. They doing a full background investigatiom.
One question asked if i worked for the fed before?is my BI was completed and suitable?
When im reading my BI copy i didn’t see any part they said Suitable?
I tried to call the Agency to guide me ,hard to find someone in line to help.
Is there’s another way or request form to submit to know what was the status?
I am positive it should be "suitable " but just dont want give my actual job a response that im not sure,especially they asked me for "Date of complete BI"and “Status”

Pleaser share your input with me. Thank you