IC Poly and Adjudication Process

I have my med/poly/psych next week in Virginia :grimacing:

3 Likes

@gradstudent, good luck! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@Rkf4ever @Trey3 Has there been any issues with getting in contact with your recruiter? I havenā€™t been able to get a phone call or email back yet this year after trying multiple times. I am on my 4th recruiter now after originally starting the process.

@hawk911, I donā€™t call my recruiter often, maybe only a handful of times m since Iā€™ve started this process. She is normally almost always available and gets back to me when I need her.

Normally, I donā€™t reach out as much is becauseā€¦ I know what the response would be: ā€œbecause of privacy concerns security will NOT divulge any informationā€¦ only when you are cleared will I reach out to you.ā€

May I ask what youā€™re reaching out for and what agency (VA or MD?)

@hawk911ā€¦my recruiter has been pretty good about returning my emails/calls. Ironically though, today I received an email that I was getting a new recruiter. Hopefully this one is as responsive as my former.

1 Like

MD, I have been trying to update foreign contacts.

1 Like

Hopefully they are responsive. This has been my first non responsive recruiter. So 1 out of 4 isnā€™t too bad.

1 Like

@hawk911 That seems very odd though that you wouldnā€™t get any kind of response back at all several times. You may have to step above the recruiter if you can just to make sure that person is even still on your case.

1 Like

I know itā€™s still early in the process following the poly, but I have yet to even speak with my Bi for a subject interview.

@Treyā€¦Interesting tidbitā€¦I didnā€™t know that poly and psych interviewers had to submit detailed reports as well. I was informed of that today when being introduced to my new recruiter. I thought it was just a hey they passed or hey they didnā€™t pass thingā€¦apparently not

1 Like

@Rkf4ever, I kinda figured that when the examiner had typed notes in my file.

1 Like

Of course they have to write detailed reports . . . A ā€œpassā€ on a poly doesnā€™t tell the adjudicator anything about your test. If you tell the truth about your time in the Cali Cartel, you will pass the exam but the adjudicator will want to know what it is that you said. The same thing goes to your psych exam.

3 Likes

@EdFarmerIIIā€¦yes that makes senseā€¦I think this whole process is just making me anxious, but Iā€™m learning more and more each day to just try and not think about the whole thing.

1 Like

You can do this when you poly.

I think I have completed every step that I can think of so I donā€™t think there is any other way to report new contacts other than through the recruiter. I did polyā€™s and last spoke with BI around a year ago.

I have seen conflicting information about if my poly is still good since it has been awhile since I have taken it. If I have to do another poly then I can update it there Iā€™m sure.

If you took your poly a year ago, there might be some bad news.

Well that sucks if thatā€™s what normally happens after all that work. I think itā€™s been over a year since Iā€™ve had any movement on my process that I have been told about. I did find it strange that I completed all the stages of the process and havenā€™t heard anything yet. Would they actually hold a case and not give a denial for some reason?

@Batdog123ā€¦yes based off of your response Iā€™m sure we got the same generic email, as mine also addressed what happens after poly, etc. Yes I had to send my transcripts as well.

I dont know the process but can only tell you from my personal experience. I applied for a job and went through the entire process. I was told the position was filled and I could accept the same position at another site, which I declined. I applied to another position about 8 months later and during the interview the hiring manager stated that if my poly was older than 6 months I would have to do it again. I had to go through the entire security process again, not just the poly. The examiner had the results of my ā€œpassingā€ poly from 8 months earlier and it didnt make a difference. So take this FWIW, you may have a different experience.