Interim secret with misdemeanor

Hey guys i’m looking for advice as I need an interim secret for my college internship over the summer.

In January of this year, I faced a significant personal crisis as my mother was critically ill and hospitalized for an extended period. During this time, I made a poor decision under stress and payed for 50$ worth of groceries and attempted to shoplift approximately $100 worth of cooking supplies and pans from a store at self checkout. This incident was a result of my impaired judgment due to the immense stress and responsibilities I was managing at the time. I took full responsibility of my actions and completed my pretrial diversion where I took a shoplifting course and did community service and the charge will be dismissed in a few weeks.

How low are my chances of being granted interim secret, I have no other red flags and this is my first offense and I was fully transparent on my sf-86 and I have no fingerprint records.

Were you charged with a felony? You might need to wait a bit longer. On the other hand, if your record is otherwise spotless, that may be enough to pull you over. Best of luck.

no it was a misdemeanor

If high stress and increased responsibility causes theft and criminal conduct… I’m not sure I would advocate to clear that individual. Just saying…