Interim Top Secret

I have my S clarence and was in the process of getting my TS. I was granted an interim TS, but left the company prior to completion of the investigation. Where will that leave the process?

Thanks in advance.

Strictly speaking, everything should stop… assuming your former employer makes the necessary updates in the various databases. However, in some cases the investigation will continue, either because the company didn’t make those updates or the thing is just too far along. As far as the interim goes, you could say that you were granted an interim TS on such-and-such a date and see if that gets any interest.

Thank you for the reply. I’ll see if someone can check DISS (JAPS, NBIS, or eQIP) for me. I’m not sure which system would have a status.

I had an Interim TS ; actually i was already finalized by DIA years ago.

They pulled something and said i had only an interim and when i left, the clearance was no good. They screwed me on purpose. I absolutely had a final because i had to change badges at Pentagon and IC because i went from Interim to final.

They know how to screw you on their paperwork.

applied for a TS clearance through a
company I worked for in early 2024. My
duties at the time were unrelated for the
clearance. It was just something that was brought to my attention that i could apply for as an employee of the company. I received my interim clearance in April, but
I stopped working for the company in June because the company I worked for lost the account I was posted at.

Do I have to be employed by the company that I started the clearance process with? Will my process be
hindered?

How about in my situation…I was with an employer while going thru the clearance process. I was granted an interim clearance but, left my employer before reaching Top Secret clearance. Does my progress attaining the TSC stop?

Like I say, according to the rulebook your processing should stop. Sometimes it doesn’t but you can’t count on that. If you get picked up by another company soon then maybe they can pick up the current investigation but that also is a bit of a crapshoot and may depend on what the customer will approve.

Closest thing to this was at a place where I used to work where our biggest customer insisted on final clearances… but some folks got interims, and left to go to other companies before their final was granted. The new employer was able to pick up their interim and continue processing. I don’t know if they could have done that if they left Company A before getting the new job with Company B.

1 Like