International Living = Potential Flag?

I am seeing in other discussions that people seem to freely use international contacts on their SF85, but my form was rejected (twice) for using international verifiers. Given that I am living between the US and Mexico, my husband is French and I have many friends that are not based in the US it was quite difficult to come up with alternative verifiers.

I am confused about why the form gives you the option, as well as specifies “landlords, neighbors or friends” that knew you in a residence-- what does it mean that my verifiers were rejected?

Its been over a week without any news, so I assume they are continuing with the investigation but now I am well into my third month since my job offer with a gov contracting agency, how much longer can a Public Trust take?

Should I be concerned about my contacts as well as my living situation as potential flags? I cant fully move to the US until I have a job secured…

I could be wrong, but if the form was rejected, the investigation probably hasn’t even started.

I get where you’re coming from on your references.
It’s my understanding that investigators avoid interviewing foreign nationals (especially if they live overseas).

Although I didn’t think that a public trust had any interview stuff going on :thinking:

I rarely hear of listing foreign contacts as causing a denial on a public trust. Could it be you’re missing something else? Are you and your wife American Citizens? If not, that could be part of it.

I’m sorry, it was not a Denial but a Rejection with request to submit corrections (changing my verifiers to US-based contacts).

My husband is french and not an American citizen or green card holder at this time.