investigation finished on august 2nd but no decision yet

Did you have a separate security interview to go through your foreign connections?

That’s 18 additional months after the completion of the investigation? Wow.

amberbunny, do you mean SF-86 submission date or when it was sent to the adjudicators for a decision?

My e-quip was certified on 8/8/2016. My secret interim was approved mid November 2016. I had an interview in September 2017. My Secret was granted on 2/8/2018. 18 months start to finish for a Secret. I have no foreign contacts. Was born in the US. Honorably discharged from the Marine Corps (decades ago so that clearance was not helpful). To my knowledge they did not speak with any of my references.

1 Like

I assume this is for contract work? That’d be in line with what I’ve read and heard about TS/SCI full scope: 12 months for direct hires, 18 months for contractors.

Is this time just spent in adjudication or time since the investigation opened?

Once in adjudication, not unusual for a 5 month wait until initial clearance. If it is for a routine re-investigation it can stay there 18 months if yo are in access and working.

Thanks! Looks like we’ll all have to play the “hurry-up-and-wait” process the DoD is so well known for…