Is the NSA on a hiring freeze?

Nearly all job postings have been removed from their site. Has anyone had luck moving forward in the hiring process lately?

2 Likes

I think their job postings expire periodically, give it a couple days.

There are two job listings currently; one is for retirees and one is for a program that starts in fall 2025. I think all “normal” job listings have been gone for at least a week, because I’ve been checking consistently. I’m starting to get worried over the implications of this. Plus I feel like I’ve seen less IC/NSA timelines being shared recently, but maybe that’s just me.

Ultimately I’m near the end of my processing and would hate for something like a hiring freeze or slowdown to get in the way. Fingers crossed it’s nothing.

1 Like

Not only have their jobs been removed, but they have not been posting any thing new in last few weeks. They removed a number of jobs a few weeks ago, and they have not been replaced. I am not sure if they are going on a hiring freeze, but since browsing this blog, there are people currently being processed for a position at NSA.

I am not sure what is going on with NSA. I am sure, in time, they will start posting new jobs again, but who knows how long that will take.

Just checked at intelligencecareers-dot-com and yep, it’s that retiree posting and something for lawyers.

And it’s been like that for a while now? Sure looks like some kind of hiring freeze. I think retirees come back part-time with no benefits, so that’s not a regular position. Not sure about the other one, seems like a recent grad posting to hire lawyers. Because you can never have enough lawyers :thinking:

I received my CJO last month for a position I applied to ~March. I wouldn’t be surprised if they have enough candidates or backup candidates to not need to advertise things right now. Keep in mind that FY25 is almost here, so they could be prepping for that.

2 Likes

Just checked again and now there are three announcements… the ones mentioned before (retirees and a legal fellowship) and a new one for NSA Police.

Something’s up :thinking:

yeah i check my candidate portal every day for no reason, and I always check the open jobs while I’m there. It’s been basically nothing for a while now.

2 Likes

I attended the NSA In Focus event they had on Wednesday. Someone asked if there was a hiring freeze and they said there was not. Take that how you will.

5 Likes

Good info… if “hiring” means actually bringing people on board, then maybe not. But clearly they have cut back on the announcements on the web site.

1 Like

I received an email stating I’ve moved forward in the hiring process. Did some initial paperwork that was requested and haven’t heard anything new since. This was a couple of weeks ago so I’m nervous.

Congrats! Hopefully you made it into the pipeline before any freezes, if they are actually occurring.

I hope so but I haven’t received my official offer yet. So I wonder if I’m stuck in the supposed freeze. So far they’ve only requested transcripts and some initial paperwork.

Oh ok, yeah it was about a week after I sent them those items that I received my TJO. I wouldn’t panic yet, everyone’s timelines are different.

1 Like

They are just calculating your offer. Once that offer is calculated it will have to be approved before it is sent to you. Mine took a few weeks after I received the email that I was moving forward in the process.

1 Like

Still just those same three announcements on their site.

This does not necessarily mean a “hiring freeze” but there’s definitely some kind of “recruiting pause.”

1 Like

There was a new posting today! (it is for a medical position lol)

2 Likes

They took down the NSA Police announcement, or it closed.

That’s they way they typically work: announcements open up for a period of time then they close.

Except they’ve stopped opening new ones.

1 Like

A bunch of internships have been posted, but still very few “normal” positions.

2 Likes