Late Mortgage Payments

I have been unemployed and exhausted unemployment benefits as of 1/1/2014. I have NOT made my mortgage payment or 2nd mortgage payments since 1/1/2014. I am in the process of getting an Interim Secret Security Clearance for a DOD contract job. What are the chances of getting it approved? I put this on the sf86 (e-Qip).

Thanks

It depends on what you have done as a good faith effort in trying to address the issue with the creditor, and if there are any other delinquent debts. Events beyond your control can be mitigated, but if you have not made any efforts to address your legal debts then their will be a problem and likely a denial of an interim clearance.

the interim secret clearance is in pending eligibility.
the employer has “downgraded” it to confidential.
What are the chances of this one get approved given the following?

I have been unemployed and exhausted unemployment benefits as of 1/1/2014. I have NOT made my mortgage payment or 2nd mortgage payments since 1/1/2014. I am in the process of getting an Interim Secret Security Clearance for a DOD contract job. What are the chances of getting it approved? I put this on the sf86 (e-Qip).

Thanks

Same answer as before because the investigation level is the same regardless if it is for secret or confidential.