Long delay to get DOE clearance

Dear Marko:
<p class=“MsoNormal”>During September 2013, my DOE employer asked me to submit Eqip for Secret Clearance.</p>
<p class=“MsoNormal”> After 6 Months, the employer asked me to re-submit Eqip again as the requirement is for Top Secret Clearance. Hence I did the same as of March 2014. During April 2014, SSBI was conducted… I was informed that my case has move to Adjudication during May 2014. I have no issues that are potential reasons for rejection So far, everything has been silent. My questions are:</p>
<p class=“MsoNormal”></p>

<li class="MsoNormal">My employer tells me it takes about 9 months for TS clearance. Should I count the time taken from first Eqip submission or the second. Will there be a seniority maintained for Eqip submissions ? <li class="MsoNormal">Is the ongoing breaches of security clearances (USIS etc) affect the adjudication process ?
<p class="MsoNormal"></p>   <p class="MsoNormal">Kindly let me know. Many thanks in advance.</p>

Longwaiter,

Have you paid any attention to what is happening with the people tasked to conduct the investigations and perform case review? Suggest you look elsewhere on the forums to get a sense of what’s been going on and why cases are–and will be–delayed for some time to come.

Thanks for the attention. I noticed control characters disturbing reading. I am pasting a clean one for readability again.

During September 2013, my employer asked me to submit Eqip for Secret Clearance.

After 6 Months, the employer asked me to re-submit Eqip again as the requirement is for Top Secret Clearance. Hence I did the same as of March 2014. During April 2014, SSBI was conducted… I was informed that my case has move to Adjudication during May 2014. I have no issues that are potential reasons for rejection So far, everything has been silent. My questions are:

1.My employer tells me it takes about 9 months for TS clearance. Should I count the time taken from first Eqip submission or the second. Will there be a seniority maintained for Eqip submissions ?

2.Is the ongoing breaches of security clearances (USIS etc) affect the adjudication process ?

Kindly let me know. Many thanks in advance.

I’m in a similar situation. My SF86 submitted in late April. I had FS Poly in late July. I assumed (and kinda sensed) that all my background investigation is complete. I had the same concern, so asked my company’s security office. They informed me there had been no delays due to the USIS issue. I’m not sure if that’s because my case is moved to adjudication stage (I don’t know if my case is in adjudication stage or not. I’m just guessing), or if my case is nothing to do with USIS.

Also, I’m guessing once the case is in adjudication stage, there should be nothing to do with USIS, so your case should not be affected.

USIS has nothing to do with adjudicating a case, therefore once the case is closed it is up to the agency based on workload, issues in the case, and priority for the position. A clean case can close in 6-8 weeks, some can take as long as 3-6 months in order to obtain all of the required information for the case.