My timeline for clearance

You might be right but when I was doing my pre processing recruiter told me that I will be contacted by OPM for Subject interview.

Then you had issues your recruiter knew about.

1 Like

Thank you for information sir.

@backgdinvestigator I talked to my recruiter today and she told me that it was an SBBI so itā€™s a mandatory requirement for an SBBI user to have an interview. Is it true?

@Marko I called OPM today again and I was told that my investigation has been sent to the requested agency om 27th February, does that mean I am in adjudication? Thanks in advance.

Yes, OPM sends the closed report of investigation electronically to the requesting Agency who puts it in a queue for adjudication.

1 Like

Your case should be a Tier 5, SSBIs were phased out by the Tier 5 (but your recruiter may not know this). All Tier 5 investigations require a Subject interview.

1 Like

Similar timeline. Sent Equip late Dec.2017. Subject interview was Mid January. And received favorable for T5 today!

@Rack So you got TS/SCI in 3 months? How long were in investigation? And how long were you in adjudication? The reason I am asking because my investigation was opened and closed pretty quickly like under 3 months and now itā€™s in adjudication. Thanks for putting your timeline.

Whoa, so fast Rack - did you have a poly as well?

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing you have had your clearance in the past, and this wasnā€™t your initial investigation for T5. Is it correct?

I had some of my friend got his timeline shrunk significantly because he doesnā€™t travel and stay clean the whole time even though his TS/SCI expired about 10 years ago.

Nevertheless, your case gives people hope that the wagon is slightly moving :slight_smile:

How long did you wait before you called. Iā€™ve been waiting since 1/19 but am starting to get a little antsy. Iā€™m also afraid that calling the hotline might make me seem too eager.

I waited for about 2 weeks.

Do you still have the contact info? I might call if I donā€™t hear anything by the end of the week

(724) 794-5612 Ext 7000

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks a bunch. Iā€™ll give them a call Friday if I donā€™t hear anything by then

What is your timeline? And what is your security clearance level?

I was told up to twelve weeks after my polygraph for a clearance decision. As for the clearance level, I canā€™t recall if or what the original job posting said but Iā€™m going for a regular full time DoD position.

Twelve weeks of what? Completion of investigation or adjudication? I think you should first call and find out if they already completed your investigation.

I was told that it would take up to 12 weeks to get a decision regarding my clearance. In my follow up with my recruiter, she said I was in suitability processing as of February 5 and she was awaiting a decision from Security regarding my clearance. At the beginning of this month, she didnā€™t say anything about suitability processing, just that she was awaiting a decision regarding my clearance and it could take a few weeks. Iā€™m gonna give it til Friday to see if I get any more news and then Iā€™ll call that number to see where things are at.