NGA/inconclusive Poly/uncertain future..:)

Hi everyone,
I started working for CACI ( NGA contract) a month ago. I had a TS clearance(for over 10 years), and got it upgrade to SCI with no issues, within a week basically. The other requirement was a CI Poly after I get hired. I was naive thinking it was a solid science, and since I have nothing to hide and got my TS/SCI clearance it’d be just a formality. So I had my first Poly within 1 week of being hired, and I was told I passed the first half, but was inconclusive on other questions. 1 month later ( yesterday) I had my 2nd try. I passed the part that I failed last time, but was inconclusive on the new questions. So now I have another poly scheduled in a month.
I just don’t know what to do. Should I start looking for a new job or wait? Will I lose my TS/SCI clearance if I don’t pass that poly? I have a completely transparent background - no issues whatsoever, not financial, mental, criminal, drug abuse etc,nothing- clean as it gets. I have nothing to hide, I don’t know why I keep on failing. The interviewer keeps telling me that I’m not breathing right :roll_eyes:
Any input would be highly appreciated. As I am at a loss right now what to do

1 Like

Go here: NSA failed first poly

Thank you @Marko . I’ve read quite a bit, including that thread too. I’m still not sure what to do. In the worst case scenario , will I lose just the SCI, or my TS clearance altogether? And what happens if I just quit the job now and never go for the 3d Poly, will that keep my clearance or affect it negatively. I totally never expected something like this happen to me, so I’m just in a state of shock

1 Like

An inconclusive result will not affect your current clearance. Polygraph examiners can be helpful or out to catch you in a lie at all costs. Be honest and up front and let the examiner know how you are feeling. You should keep pursuing the job until they withdraw the offer. This is more common then you think.

1 Like

Technically you won’t lose your clearance, but this may show up as an “incident” in the future which may require a new investigation to get resolved. At least I’ve seen that happen to a few people.

The good news is that they are willing to schedule you for third poly; some agencies don’t do that. From what you describe it sounds like you are pretty close to “passing” and they may just want to do another run. Hopefully :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@sbusquirrel @Marko Thank you !! That’s good to know. I will post an update once it’s over

1 Like