NRO Crossover Reciprocity

I previously held a contract with NRO, holding a TS/SCI FSP. I was offered a job on a DOD contract, accepted, and signed the offer letter only for them to come back and say that my crossover had been denied. They didn’t know/couldnt tell me why that was. I ended up speaking to the PSO of my former company to confirm that everything on my end was in good standing and if there was anything on my record that would prevent my clearance from crossing over. They stated no issue. Ive continued applying for other positions and am about to close on another offer. Problem is, now I’m worried that this will happen again without me knowing why or being able to secure another job within the IC. There is absolutely nothing that would prohibit me from being able to crossover. Is this normal, or common, or has anyone had something similar happen??
Any and all input is greatly appreciated!

In my experience, crossover problems are rare but they do happen.

My company just hired two guys who were both cleared (current/active) with the same customer. One crossed over in the usual no-time-at-all, while the other guy… well…

I’ve also learned that sometimes there are problems with crossovers due to government personnel issues… such as, the guy who was the COTR isn’t in that job anymore, and the crossover is stuck in that person’s queue. Or, the contract ended but the crossover is tied to the old contract. I don’t know if these would show up as ‘denials’ or they would just make the crossover seem to be taking a long time.

I had this happen to me. I was a contractor at the NRO with a FSP on a FSP contract. I was I also was briefed on the NRO contract as well and when I went to crossover to another FSP contract not at the NRO I was told that I had unadjudicated information and I had to find a sponsor to submit me for an initial FSP.

1 Like

CIA holds the clearances for NRO and they are known to screw ppl over for no reason on clearance. It happened to me.

Oh ok-- couple of questions. Do they have to give you a reason for a crossover denial, or is that not required? In a future situation, does anyone know who 1 would speak to regarding a solution? I must have talked to 20 people before my PSO could give me that bit of information. I saw on some other posts about requesting a re-investigation, and then I saw others that said just keep applying and your clearance would generally crossover with ONE of them. Any input on this?
Thanks guys!

In the few cases I’ve encountered there’s just a vague reference to “unadjudicated information” or an “open incident report.”

With my situation the customer would not tell me or my company security officer. All the customer would say is that I needed a initial FSP completed before I could work for them again. It took me 6 months and o find another sponsor and then another 10 months to get the FSP back. It was a long wait.

Same with me it on clearance side. I stay away from a certain agency now.