NSA Adjudication timeline

The process is extremely frustrating. I applied in Dec 2018 and am still waiting.

December 2018 - Applied

April 2019 - Took test

May 2019 - Interview

June 2019 - CJO and submitted SF-86

September 2020 - BI started and Poly/Psych tests completed

November 2020 - My recruiter said my packet was in adjudication.

I was wondering if it would be worthwhile contacting my representative to write a letter asking why it is taking so long. I don’t want to anger anyone and then have them just say, you want an answer, here’s an answer–no!

Any suggestions?

Which test?

Sure. There should be no issue going to your Member of Congress and inquiring. I think you are justified, go for it.

I applied for an analyst position. There were two tests to see–I assume–if I could identify patterns.

1 Like

That process to contact your MoC exists for a reason. Dont be afraid to reach out to your state rep or senator. You aren’t going to piss anyone off either.

Contacting your State Rep really only works if your state Rep is powerful or sits on a specific committee that deals with intelligence, oversight or funding. You can ask for a FOIA request, but that would be pointless and takes forever in some cases. I had one that took 7 years and there was no real reason for it. If you have a powerful rep, i would contact them, but be prepared to not be told anything if your Rep is “weak”. Remember though, in this process, the agencies hold ALL the cards, you can piss ppl off. In my opinion, who cares, they have been unprofessional by having you wait for so long. You have nothing to lose.

1 Like

Updated Timeline:

June 2019 - Submitted job application

September 2019 - Took exam related to my qualifications for the specific career field I applied into

December 2019 - Was informed that I passed the test

January 2020 - Received CJO and submitted SF-86

February 2020 - Interviewed with BI

March 2020 - COVID

April 2021 - Polygraph Scheduled

April 2021 - Polygraph Passed! (Was given results right away)

July 2021 - Clearance favorably adjudicated and FJO extended

4 Likes

After having to repeat the polygraph (was told i failed on one question, came back the next day and was told I passed), it took 4 months from SF86 to FJO. I met an intern that cleared in 3 months. I had little to no contact with my recruiter and from what I have gathered, the recruiters don’t have much info they can tell us when it comes to security.

My timeline for this began December 2020. COVID allowed for my interviews to be done via Teams. I thought this was the reason for the quick turn around but reading through this page, it seems not??..

1 Like

Wow, at least you have some documents actually in hand. My most recent interview was in 10/2020 and I was told a CJO would be extended… still have not received it but have been told several times I’m still processing.

1 Like

I received the CJO a few days after my interview. I had to sign it and send it back. I received the SF86 email maybe 6 days later. It is hard to determine why timelines vary so much. Recruiters are overworked/Covid/telework probably all play a role. The recruiter for one of the CJOs I received has not returned an email since January 2021 while the others communicate quickly after I cleared.

Have you tried to get in contact with your recruiter? I was under the impression, you do not start security processing until you receive the written cJo and SF86 links.

1 Like

Yeah I have also gotten the impression that the process doesn’t really start to kick off until you have that CJO in hand and return it. I don’t really have a direct recruiter but rather an email POC for a department that can essentially only advise that I’m still in the process. I know HR and security have a backlog and I think certain needs get priority. I think my position is more of a funnel where they keep people on standby until needed.

So basically my options are to wait and wait some more haha

I am in a similar situation. A few months ago I received an email from HR saying “It looks like we are waiting on the final determination from security before we can move forward with the Final Job Offer”. I assumed I am very close and then 2 months later “ It looks like you are still in the Security/Adjudication process” and btw they don’t know whether I am still in BI or already in Adjudication.

In my case, they did not start the eQIP process until after the CJO was accepted.

1 Like

Awesome username haha

I know this is from a while ago but did you ever end up contacting your MoC about your case and if so, did you get the desired results? Considering the same option

Hi @Chzburger , question…how long did it take between the FJO email to the “ real FJO package?” I was told once the HR recalculate my salary it will take up to a week for the salary to be approved.

I am wondering when I should follow up with my HR…

Thank you.

1 Like